Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2014, 10:16 AM

15,409 posts, read 25,711,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
I was thinking that myself. Why Bill? There are much bigger more wealthy targets. You have political targets in Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, even the President. You have targets that are actors, Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Eddie Murphy. You have wealthy entertainers, and athletes. Yet, they pick 77 year old Bill Cosby? lol Even when you try to think of any possible reason these women would want to take him down. Because we all assume that aspiring actresses aren't turned down for roles on a daily basis. There's no wave of false rape allegations as retaliation in Hollywood or the music industry. There's a point where you have to abandon all common sense and reason to draw a conclusion that Bill Cosby is an innocent family man.
Cosby has a target on his back. He has a reputation. He's an easier mark than other, I guess.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:35 PM

7,077 posts, read 9,526,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Cosby has a target on his back. He has a reputation. He's an easier mark than other, I guess.
What makes him an easier mark than the other hundreds of celebs?

Old 12-19-2014, 02:09 PM

1 posts, read 851 times
William(Bill) Cosby he did something! Remember, what's done in the dark will eventually come to the light, Bill and others predators like you!!!

Old 12-19-2014, 02:16 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,758,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgend2befre View Post
William(Bill) Cosby he did something! Remember, what's done in the dark will eventually come to the light, Bill and others predators like you!!!
...along with the people around him who protected and enabled him. It's beginning to sound like there were plenty who simply didn't want the gravy train to end.

Old 12-19-2014, 03:33 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,994,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Because Stephen Collins committed those rapes and couldn't live with the guilt. Bill Cosby on the other hand never raped anyone. Unless Cosby is proven guilty or confesses that he is guilty, then he is still an innocent man.
He may be innocent in the eyes of the law, but that certainly doesn't mean he is.

Would you want your daughter to have dinner alone with Bill Cosby to discuss a career move?

Would you want your daughter to fall in love with and move in with OJ?

Would you want Casey Anthony to babysit your toddler?

Old 12-19-2014, 03:41 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,606,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
...along with the people around him who protected and enabled him. It's beginning to sound like there were plenty who simply didn't want the gravy train to end.

I can't see how any amount of money or fame or special treatment would make me shut up about some creep doing this to women. Selling out or being bought out must put those people in their own mental prison... maybe some of them.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:13 PM

8,631 posts, read 12,954,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
He may be innocent in the eyes of the law, but that certainly doesn't mean he is.

Would you want your daughter to have dinner alone with Bill Cosby to discuss a career move?

Would you want your daughter to fall in love with and move in with OJ?

Would you want Casey Anthony to babysit your toddler?

Probably not but that doesn't mean he's guilty. OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony are different cases. Whether you personally believe they got away with murder is up for debate.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:39 PM

15,409 posts, read 25,711,193 times
Quote:
What makes him an easier mark than the other hundreds of celebs?
The answer was in my post.

His reputation. Was he not accused of this many years ago?

Old 12-19-2014, 05:31 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,758,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I can't see how any amount of money or fame or special treatment would make me shut up about some creep doing this to women. Selling out or being bought out must put those people in their own mental prison... maybe some of them.
It sure wouldn't shut me up, but you can't be saying it doesn't happen.

And as long as someone brought up OJ, another one who got away with something, let's consider the Browns, who knew he was beating the bleep out of their daughter, but didn't want their gravy train to end.

It happens.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:35 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,228,367 times
Quote:
I was thinking that myself. Why Bill? There are much bigger more wealthy targets. You have political targets in Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, even the President. You have targets that are actors, Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Eddie Murphy. You have wealthy entertainers, and athletes. Yet, they pick 77 year old Bill Cosby? lol Even when you try to think of any possible reason these women would want to take him down. Because we all assume that aspiring actresses aren't turned down for roles on a daily basis. There's no wave of false rape allegations as retaliation in Hollywood or the music industry. There's a point where you have to abandon all common sense and reason to draw a conclusion that Bill Cosby is an innocent family man.
Not only the points you brought up, but why go after Bill with such old "stories"? If this was about money for these victims, they'd say it happened recently. For a woman/women after money, to get a man in legal trouble or their 15 minutes of fame, B.C. would be the last man they'd pick. His fake family man reputation makes it harder for the masses to believe it, and its too late to have him criminally charged. There's nothing in it but a hard time, and reputation trashing for these women. If I had been raped by B.C., I wouldn't dare tell my story after seeing what these victims have gone through.

There's way too many for them to expect hush money, and too publicized to receive $$$ anyhow. I wonder what the naysayers think the women are gaining from coming "out'?

I want to personally thank you Adelphi for your informative and heartfelt posts. I wish I could rep every one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.