Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 08:12 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
While people complain that the accusing women are only in it for the money; former actors can be paid residuals. Everybody's motives are up for review. Would you cut off your nose to spite your face?
Another excellent point.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:18 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,560,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
If that's true, it's doubtful the guy would have been frequenting the Playboy Mansion and other questionable places that a true family man would not frequent or be caught dead in. There are far too many press pics of him there to be just a fluke or one time deal. Not to mention, Hugh and Bill admit their buddyship / close friendship.

It just doesn't add up! Would a man completely devoted to his family, his wife, just causes, family values, and supposed Christian faith be best buddies with Hugh? Would that man also frequent a place where temptation is everywhere? Right!
Not only that, there is evidence, note the word evidence, that he was paying women (prostitutes) as noted by the 90-year-old co-worker.

My gosh! That's why I don't have a love affair with hollywood and entertainers like most people do. They are regular people just like everyone else. It's just that their career is on display to millions. It doesn't make them better or smarter than our average neighbor down the street. But for some reason, we feel that an actor or singer automatically has this superior level of wisdom, personality, or character. I'm sorry, just because you can memorize some lines or have talents to sing or play an instrument, DOESN'T MAKE YOU A GENIUS, SMART, or INFALLIBLE. Entertainers make us laugh. Big deal.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:25 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,244,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Not only that, there is evidence, note the word evidence, that he was paying women (prostitutes) as noted by the 90-year-old co-worker.

Yeah, let's see the evidence and see if it holds up in a court of law. I doubt it. If there is something to charge him with, do it. Otherwise, leave him alone!

Old 01-07-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yeah, let's see the evidence and see if it holds up in a court of law. I doubt it. If there is something to charge him with, do it. Otherwise, leave him alone!
Bill Cosby paid off women says ex-NBC employee - NY Daily News

And it won't stand up in court because the statue of limitations has passed.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Bill Cosby paid off women says ex-NBC employee - NY Daily News

And it won't stand up in court because the statue of limitations has passed.
Why are you so invested in this? I posted a couple of months ago and you were here. I come back and you are still here, commenting on every post.

If these allegations are true, why did not ONE of these women come forward before the statute of limitations expired? NOT ONE!

I agree with Phylicia Rashad. This is orchestrated. Someone wants to destroy Bill Cosby. He's a conservative white man. I don't know if it's political, or if it's that he doesn't fit the black male mold, or he has said things to offend people (Obama/other blacks) or what, but someone wants to destroy him.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:58 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,644,836 times
If it's "orchestrated" how did these women all come up with same story/MO of Cosby drugging/raping him? Why were the years all pretty close together? If they've been paid off, why are they, then, coming forward? If they want money now why wait till 20 yrs or more after the fact to get the pay off? That is beyond illogical.
Why is it hard to believe that he would drug/rape? Is it because he's Dr. Huxstable? Are people aware he was acting the part and isn't actually Dr. Huxstable?
What would Beverly Johnson have to gain? She has looks, money, fame...What's in it for her? Specifically?

Old 01-07-2015, 09:02 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,644,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Do trustworthy characters exist in the entertainment world? I don't know? Concern is limited to public scrutiny and their own career.

I guess this sums it up. People in the entertainment world are really some of the lowest characters in our times. Maybe lower than politicians?

Old 01-07-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Why are you so invested in this? I posted a couple of months ago and you were here. I come back and you are still here, commenting on every post.

If these allegations are true, why did not ONE of these women come forward before the statute of limitations expired? NOT ONE!

I agree with Phylicia Rashad. This is orchestrated. Someone wants to destroy Bill Cosby. He's a conservative white man. I don't know if it's political, or if it's that he doesn't fit the black male mold, or he has said things to offend people (Obama/other blacks) or what, but someone wants to destroy him.
Not one? lol I can tell you're trying to make arguments based on information that's actually out there, but you haven't taken the time to read or research. Therefore, your opinions are based on speculation. More than one person reported it when it happened. One actually had to go to Canada because she felt no one took her seriously in the States. Or do you care about that piece of information?

If you look at it from a historical point-of-view, women, in that time, had a VERY hard time reporting rape. Especially by a powerful and influential male in the entertainment business in L.A. You have to look at the whole picture in past and present context. Not just based on what Phylicia says or Keisha says.

You have to look at why Cosby isn't responding to every last 25 of the allegations. Why was he allowed, by his wife, to go to the Plaboy Mansion and have girls on the side, when she states she doesn't like people who have no integrity. Why was he allowed to bring girls, whether he raped them or not, to his home when she was not present? Or when no one else was present?

I'm not invested in this. THis is a forum where I participate in discussions. You're here discussing it. Are you invested? I'm responding to your statements. That is all. Enjoy!

Old 01-07-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I guess this sums it up. People in the entertainment world are really some of the lowest characters in our times. Maybe lower than politicians?
Not low characters, just average everyday people who have a very public job. But for some reason, we are still in awe of the big screen and stage. I'd love to read a study on the psychology of fans of entertainers.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
I'm not invested in this. THis is a forum where I participate in discussions. You're here discussing it. Are you invested? I'm responding to your statements. That is all. Enjoy!
There is no reason for Cosby to respond. Phylicia Rashad said "if he responded, what would the media do with that?" and she is right. They are going to attack him if he doesn't respond, and also if he does. Better to remain silent.

If any of the women had made a police report before the statute of limitations expired, the might have a leg to stand on. They didn't. Reporting it to the media isn't the same as reporting it to the police. And why would they report it to the media and NOT to the police? Doesn't make sense. Unless they are looking for money.

You apparently ARE invested in this topic, as you continually post about it and have to have the last word anytime someone makes a comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.