Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2014, 03:32 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times

Advertisements

Well Bill Cosby 's show is scraped by NBC.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:37 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
Why would someone settle in court? I really wonder. Okay, say he didn't want the publicity back then of "allegations" or the time and cost and misery of it all. But, if you were innocent would you settle? On charges of rape?? I have to wonder about that...

Old 11-19-2014, 03:40 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Why does it matter if the public cares? All the matters is that the police care. Apparently there wasn't evidence to arrest and charge him. And if she was telling the media and not the police, why? You can't say she was too ashamed/embarrassed/afraid to report it to the police, but she was telling the media. That doesn't make sense. There is something fishy here.
Penn State certainly cared. They fired Joe Paterno and he wasn't even involved. The Catholic Church cared. They fired the priests even though the rapes and molestations happened decades ago. Even if you don't, other people care. NBC cares. Netflix cares.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:42 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Why would someone settle in court? I really wonder. Okay, say he didn't want the publicity back then of "allegations" or the time and cost and misery of it all. But, if you were innocent would you settle? On charges of rape?? I have to wonder about that...
Correct. If your lawyer doesn't feel you'll win the court case, they tell you to settle. Something happened that he couldn't prove his innocence without a shadow of doubt. So, he settled. Now, he was rich enough to go through a lengthy court case, but by then, his name would have been dragged through the mud along with hers. So, that's why most people with means just settle.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:45 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
The main problem there is no dna evidence and it has been a long time since it has happen.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:12 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
If these accusations are true. there must be someone who heard something or saw something, like maybe seeing him drugging a drink and getting a conspiratorial wink and a finger-to-the-lips shhh. If a former staff member, bodyguard, chauffeur were to come forward, it would help the credibility of the women. Maybe someone with a conscience will step up.

As for Cosby not 'dignifying' this with a response, it's like he's not willing to try to defend himself. No one is threatening a lawsuit, that I have seen. Why remain silent? He won't defend himself, but neither will anyone else defend him, from the looks of it. None of the Hollywood bigwigs are stepping up to show support for him. What about his wife? What must she be thinking? There hasn't been a peep out of her, although that might be because of his decision not to comment. But I wonder if she is wondering if she's been married to a monster for all these years.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:28 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
I have only one question.

Why now?

You're talking about allegations from all the way back to
1985. They were either dropped, or settled in court, or whatever.

But what is the agenda to drag it all up now? He's 77 years old. Who's looking to win here?
I believe that they would be wanting justice to have closure of a longstanding situation that had been "swept under the rug", if having been just "paid off" or had their claim not taken seriously or ignored.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:31 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Whoa, now a brunette model* said he did the same MO 30 yrs ago....
wine, a drug, woke up later....wow!
Sorry, I do believe in innocent until proven guilty, but...come on!

BTW, I don't care if he seems like some funny guy or sweet, or what ever...
that is just his acting persona....he is just a man to me with a problem.
And I never think someone is guilty until I hear everything...but this time...
come on!

It sickens me...truly.

* Janice Dickenson about a 1982 assault

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 11-19-2014 at 05:09 PM..

Old 11-19-2014, 04:35 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,774,520 times
Almost thirty years ago, my housemate told me that her very attractive woman friend had gone to interview Cosby for some magazine, and reported that he had come on to her very aggressively in the office.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:39 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Why does it matter if the public cares? All the matters is that the police care. Apparently there wasn't evidence to arrest and charge him. And if she was telling the media and not the police, why? You can't say she was too ashamed/embarrassed/afraid to report it to the police, but she was telling the media. That doesn't make sense. There is something fishy here.

Huh? You asked why the media was covering it now when they hadn't before and implied it was due to a conspiracy. I told you they had covered it before and were only covering it again because it went viral... this time the PUBLIC was talking about it. What you just said has nothing to do with the point I was making. The media are not reporting it now because of a conspiracy. The end.

These were court cases. The original accusers did not go to the media first.

You are making stuff up and not being logical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities