U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2008, 10:07 AM

12,977 posts, read 28,798,671 times

Advertisements

After going over all the posts in this thread again, I have to admit, I actually agree with Austinsmom (however Thelma from Good Times stays). There are many names listed here that absolutely DO NOT belong here. Loretta Devine - WTF?!?!? She's is ugly.

Lets remove the following non-beautiful people from this list and call it a day. Thes are not some of the "Most Beautiful African American Women".

Women who do not make the cut:

Robin Givens
Eartha Kitt
Janet Jackson
Golden Brooks - very ugly
Chaka Khan
Tina Turner
Lauren Hill
Kelly Rowland - very ugly
Shari Headly
Yoland Adams
Tracee Ellis Ross
Loretta Devine - WTF!?!? NO WAY!!
Jill Scott - ugh
Kimberly Elise
Oprah
Whoopi
Erica Badu
Mo'Nique - pah-leez!
Venus Williams
Omarosa
Leela James
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 10:13 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,415,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
After going over all the posts in this thread again, I have to admit, I actually agree with Austinsmom (however Thelma from Good Times stays). There are many names listed here that absolutely DO NOT belong here. Loretta Devine - WTF?!?!? She's is ugly.

Lets remove the following non-beautiful people from this list and call it a day. Thes are not some of the "Most Beautiful African American Women".

Women who do not make the cut:

Robin Givens
Eartha Kitt
Janet Jackson
Golden Brooks - very ugly
Chaka Khan
Tina Turner
Lauren Hill
Kelly Rowland - very ugly
Shari Headly
Yoland Adams
Tracee Ellis Ross
Loretta Devine - WTF!?!? NO WAY!!
Jill Scott - ugh
Kimberly Elise
Oprah
Whoopi
Erica Badu
Mo'Nique - pah-leez!
Venus Williams
Omarosa
Leela James
Well if we are going to go there, please add Tyra and Halle to the removal list. I think many of the women on your list are beautiful. Monique and Whoopi are quite I stretch for me, but someone finds them beautiful. Who am I, or you, to determine who each person finds beautiful.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:13 AM

While all these women may be extremely talented and successful (except for Omarosa, Tracee Ellis Ross and Loretta Devine) they cannot all be called beautiful especially from a purely physical standpoint. There is just no way.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Well if we are going to go there, please add Tyra to the removal list. Or are we just going to go by your opinion?
Cant do that. Tyra is an Internationally Recognized Beauty and one of the most successful supermodels ever. I think we may just have to go by my professional opinion on this.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:22 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,415,098 times
Quote:
Cant do that. Tyra is an Internationally Recognized Beauty and one of the most successful supermodels ever. I think we may just have to go by my professional opinion on this.
Well, like I said, I don't let society dictate who I find beautiful. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Old 01-23-2008, 11:41 AM

84 posts, read 351,069 times
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". This is a cliche but it's so true. I think Janet Jackson is gorgeous, Oprah is pretty and Mo'Nique is just adorable. Some people may not think so.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:04 PM

1,889 posts, read 6,984,982 times
I wandered into this thread But Omarosa? She doesnt seem strikingly anything to me. Kinda plain, i guess? Kelly Roland looks very young- she seems very teenager-ish. I just don't pick up 'beautiful' when I see her. I believe she's an attractive girl but nothing particularly beautiful.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:29 PM

5 posts, read 25,789 times
India Arie, Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, Michelle Williams, Kelly Rowland, Alek Wek, Iman, Florida from Good Times, Janet Jackson, Neo-soul singer Ledisi, Meagan Good, Gabrielle Union, Angela Bassett, Tina Turner, Angie Stone, Jada Pickett, Nia Long, and basically any other brown or dark skinned black women. I don't really care much for the light skinned ones, because they always look like fake white women with tans.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:50 AM

860 posts, read 2,459,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomousDrippings View Post
India Arie, Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, Michelle Williams, Kelly Rowland, Alek Wek, Iman, Florida from Good Times, Janet Jackson, Neo-soul singer Ledisi, Meagan Good, Gabrielle Union, Angela Bassett, Tina Turner, Angie Stone, Jada Pickett, Nia Long, and basically any other brown or dark skinned black women. I don't really care much for the light skinned ones, because they always look like fake white women with tans.
LOL!!

Old 01-29-2008, 06:25 PM

52 posts, read 89,936 times
This post has me confused. Are we only naming AFRICAN AMERICAN women? What about black women who are not African American?

Quote:
One woman who should be on the list of most beautiful and influential woman is Condi Rice. She's the highest ranking black female government official in the history of our country and no one (especially in the black community) except for those in the Bush Administration seems to give her her due.
Theres a reason for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or