Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 10:40 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
She was on the Ellen DeGeneres show last week, plugging her newly made DVDs of her workout tapes. I was not impressed.
Wow. There is NO way those tapes are still relevant.

I did like her in the movie - This is Where I leave you though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 05:42 PM

12,154 posts, read 2,958,768 times
If this is true and is what it sounds like, then Oh Brother! Hilarious in a sad way. This more or less confirms the theory that the woman has no sense of humor. lol

Old 12-31-2014, 02:51 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,104,856 times
It was always difficult to know what to make of Jane Fonda because she has been a life long chameleon.

Her dad was an actor, so she went into acting. Her first husband produced artsy titillation movies, so she became a sex kitten star. Her next lover was a political radical, so she became a political radical. Then when more conservative times reigned in the '80's, she became the queen of exercise videos for the self absorbed fitness buffs.

Then when her acting career was running out of gas, she took up with misogynistic billionaire and became a docile house Frau even down to the hard to accept sight of her doing the Tomahawk Chop at Braves games.

Then she found Jesus and that wrecked her marriage.

I've always maintained that we baby boomers have been an awfully trendy group. (You'll know we are dying out at last when there is a sudden surge of popularity for designer coffins...sunroofs, rally stripes etc.) As such, Jane Fonda is a wonderful symbol of all that trendiness, whichever way the wind was blowing, Jane blew along in a very public manner.

Now that she has reached the geriatric stage of life, all that is left is turning inward and producing the rationalizations which justify one's life. This shrine to herself seems an appropriate manifestation of that.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:28 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,277,684 times
I for one ...find Jane Fonda a amazing women... perfect in every choice no. She has her niche in American history actually.
The Vietnam War was a boondoggle. The chemical weapons used alone..... gave us a hypocrite label in the world and hurt so many of our young men. Though we ALWAYS respect our governments call to duty and Veterans who served. Those who protested the Vietnam War ....after years... going nowhere... had warrant. Whether it was in music like Peter, Paul and Mary and others ...who also protested? Or Jane Fonda? I think looking back by most.... but EXTREEMIST labeling all ultra-liberals ..... Most realize the 60's protest had warrant. Whether a time or two... Jane Fonda went overboard? The long Vietnam War needed closure. The protest sadly were needed for action to finally come.

I would wait for this so called shrine.... before judgment. I still respect the women who played a role in a eras and generations turmoil. Certainly in film in her career .... all should respect that?

Old 12-31-2014, 04:54 PM

15,424 posts, read 25,792,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Wow. There is NO way those tapes are still relevant.

I did like her in the movie - This is Where I leave you though.
Exercise is always relevant.

Old 12-31-2014, 05:23 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,104,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Exercise is always relevant.
Exercise videos are not.

The health and fitness industry has been a very liquid dynamic in that all sorts of people, some qualified, some not, have personalized theories of proper nutrition and exercise. Today's popular fad stemming from the latest best seller, lasts only until the next person comes along with their best seller, often written by celebrities with no professional or educational foundation for the advice they furnish.

Exercise fads tend to get fossilized rapidly.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:02 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,252,882 times
Well, she WAS good in "Klute".

And pretty sexy as "Barbarella".

Old 01-03-2015, 09:24 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,644,836 times
I never liked her father. That's probably where it all started--growing up with him. He seemed like an as* to me.

Old 01-03-2015, 06:12 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
You know, I started to criticize this, but realized that I'm in no position to judge what she should or should not do with her life. If she wants to do this, good for her. I hope it helps her. Doesn't impact my life in the least. Good luck to her.

I had a great deal of respect for her father as an actor, so I wish her well.

And her father, one of Hollywood's biggest liberals (and who served honorably in WW II), didn't talk to her for years because of her outrageous actions. That alone, confirms how bad she was. Her current croakings that vets should "get over it" confirms that she hasn't changed.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:40 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
I don't get it....How's your 4th grade report card a confidence builder? Honestly, sounds more like memory boards used at funerals, I guess she's already written her own eulogy too.

Folks...nothing more than a PR move for the exercise video release.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities