U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 05:30 PM

2,373 posts, read 1,654,442 times

Advertisements

The dislike isn't entirely for no reason, but here's my list:
Disclaimer: I don't watch many of these shows, but the brief times I have seen excerpts, or the shows in their entirety as a anthropological observation, I have enough of a sample to make the judgments below:

The Dog the Bounty Hunter cast (the man and the woman)
: They seem very self righteous, like they're on a mission for morality, law, and order; but present themselves (in both their physical appearance and behavior) as vulgar and thuggish. They just seem like they'd be very obnoxious and a nightmare to have as neighbors.

Maury Povich:
He tries to come across as trying to help people, but really just profits from people dumb enough to make fools out of themselves on national television (if they're even real).

Judge Judy
: She's needlessly aggressive, belittling and rude to people in the courtroom.

Many athletes being interviewed by sportscasters: Quite often, these guys ramble on about how great they are for tossing a ball around. Their self promotion often sounds quite incoherent and vain. It's depressing how much these guys are paid considering their lack of verbal ability or breadth of other kinds of knowledge, when compared to people who are paid so much less but contributing much more to society: teachers, family physicians, veterinarians, engineers, etc.

There are a few others I could add, but I'll stop for now.

Last edited by Jowel; 01-07-2015 at 05:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 05:33 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,292,707 times
This is a good topic, problem is I am at work and while I have dozens of examples whom I dislike for no reason, now that I think about it, my mind has froze.

So I will come back to it.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:39 PM

5,426 posts, read 3,292,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I'm with you on that one. She and hubby can have each other.

Mine is Taylor Swift.

I can't explain it, but every time I see her (which is WAY too often) I can't look at her and want to leave the room. It's terrible because everyone in the world LOVES her .

I just find her soulless and totally disingenuous. But I've always been the type to root for the bad guy.

At least I don't have daughters, so this is just my own little cross to bear.

That is an interesting one, Taylor Swift has underlying annoyingness about her, something amiss that one can not pin their fingers on.

No not everyone loves, or even likes her, so don't feel lonely.

While I have gotten better with regards to Taylor Swift, there remains something about her.

Oh Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Marth Stewart, Kristin Stewart, few that come to mind.

I dislike Kim K and while she is before my time, Christy Brinkley. Always seems very vain.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:52 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,403,552 times
I'll play:
These specifically but I'm sure I'll add more
Cameron Diaz
Jennifer Garner
Taylor Swift
Justin Bieber
Miley Cyrus

Old 01-07-2015, 11:22 PM

4,721 posts, read 4,296,595 times
Does anyone really like Bieber? Lol, no one I know seems to anyway.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:25 PM

460 posts, read 629,459 times
John Goodman. He sounds like an asthmatic, chain smoking, obese diabetic with an annoying gravelly voice. But he may be a really nice person, I don't know, so I feel bad for not liking him but every time I hear him speak I cringe.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:55 PM

3,234 posts, read 1,721,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I'm with you on that one. She and hubby can have each other.

Mine is Taylor Swift.

I can't explain it, but every time I see her (which is WAY too often) I can't look at her and want to leave the room. It's terrible because everyone in the world LOVES her .

I just find her soulless and totally disingenuous. But I've always been the type to root for the bad guy.

At least I don't have daughters, so this is just my own little cross to bear.
Haha that is totally false. So many people don't like her. I did feel like one of the few for a while but the general public has caught on. You have good reason not to like her. While she does have fans, many celebs who act like they love her are kissing her butt.
Anyway since I do know exactly why I don't like Miss Swift, the celebs I don't like that I can't really explain are Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens. Zac just seems fruity and Vanessa rubs me the wrong way as well (it's got nothing to do with the dirty picture tho maybe that doesn't help). I have heard stories about her being self absorbed so who knows

Old 01-08-2015, 12:07 AM

3,330 posts, read 1,985,752 times
Tori Spelling
Kanye West
That whole Jersey Shore bunch especially The Situation..What is that supposed to mean?
That Sister Wives gang
Kathy Lee Gifford
Kelly Ripa...her goofy faces and playing dumb is over the top..
Jillian Michaels and her tread mill walking in Fiji or the Swiss Alps
Giuliana Rancic

Last edited by linda814; 01-08-2015 at 12:42 AM..

Old 01-08-2015, 07:32 AM

4,721 posts, read 4,296,595 times
I don't like Kanye West either, but I know why. He is a bigot and exploits his wife. He seems to want everyone to see her naked, so they can know what he has. Ugh. Also, when he speaks it is obvious he puts more value on himself than he should. His album where he is comparing himself to Jesus. The time he publicly humiliated Taylor Swift, whether you like her or not, that was wrong. Anyway, there are many reasons to dislike Kanye.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:58 AM

13,500 posts, read 14,006,552 times
peter coyote
steven segal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or