Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 12:16 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,942,614 times

Advertisements

typical bunch of jealous celebrity haters on this thread, who among us haven't thought for even just a moment, that we weren't nearly blasted out of the air in a combat zone before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 02:40 PM

20,058 posts, read 18,258,819 times
I hope they offer the deserving Lester Holt the (permanent) job!

It's time for Brian to retire.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:26 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,996,905 times
For just one moment, close your eyes. Ask yourself; "If Brian Williams was reporting for FOX at the time, would my opinion change?".

Old 02-08-2015, 04:48 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,091,671 times
I do not understand how a person who is in a position, on a platform, and he makes up lies about being attacked in a helicopter. That would have made news if he really was hit in a helicopter. I wanna know why he waited 12 years to say something. So bizarre to apologize 12 years later. How about not telling lies in the first place, oops I forget we are dealing with the liberal media agenda that gets to lie everyday and get promoted for it.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:51 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,798,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
More and more we hear that eye witnesses are not reliable because of distorted memories. Science has a lot to say about this.

Is It Possible To 'Misremember' Getting Shot Out Of The Sky? A Scientific Exploration | ThinkProgress
Is Pinocchio's nose long?

Old 02-09-2015, 05:31 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,608,299 times
I have two minds on this one, he did a no no and a dumb one, like I said he can be easily fact checked, but the other part of me is saying, geez other news people, etc. have probably embellished, too. The thing is it becomes like a public/mob crucifixion, which I think says a lot more about the public than him. The guy has probably learned his lesson now and I'd give him a second chance on this one. I think we have to look at his overall work and character and decide if this is one thing that should define his whole career/character.

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 02-09-2015 at 05:42 AM..

Old 02-09-2015, 06:59 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,249,535 times
Why do people keep saying he "embellished"? He didn't embellish, he fabricated. He wasn't even close by when it happened.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:05 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,293,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
I hope they offer the deserving Lester Holt the (permanent) job!

It's time for Brian to retire.
I agree--really like Lester Holt.

I hope that this situation finally has newscasters just giving the news and not giving their opinions or personal feelings about anything. I don't want the news slanted and maybe newscasters need to stay home and just give the news from their television station. No chance then of getting shot at while in a helicopter or anything else People are already in these combat zones and dangerous situations who report back so no need for the Brian Williams and others to be there, imo.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:12 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,574,798 times
Is that why his nose is crooked?

(joking)

Old 02-09-2015, 08:29 AM

16,390 posts, read 8,471,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
For just one moment, close your eyes. Ask yourself; "If Brian Williams was reporting for FOX at the time, would my opinion change?".

How absurd.

By implication you are assuming many here are against what Williams did based on politics. For starters, I'd expect FOX to have already fired Chris Wallace or who ever is their top news anchor. Second, I do not want the news told by someone I cannot trust. Sure I know most of the news is biased and framed in ways to make people think a certain way, but flat out lies are something different all together.

So if Williams or any other news anchor is found to be dishonest (beyond personal bias), then yes they should be fired.
Personal integrity is an important part of such a job. Out of all the current and fill in news anchors, I'd assume Bob Schieffer of CBS has the most integrity, and would not stoop to telling lies to stroke his own ego.
Though I do not know much about Chris Wallace of FOX, I have no reason to think he lacks integty to the point of fabricating stories to further his career.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities