Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2015, 07:32 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times

Advertisements

How sad. I always admired this beautiful woman, from the moment I first saw her on "Star Trek". Even at a young age, I saw the beauty that defined her. Her skin and face were beautiful. She carried herself with such dignity and class, and to me, she was the standard by which I measured all women on TV. Similar to Diahann Carroll. She was articulate, and went about her work as a woman who happens to be black, not a black woman. Her race did not confine her, and I admired this.

Once a person has a stroke, I think it is a steady decline from there. So while this magnificent woman is still among us, may she be honored and feel the love. She deserves it, since her work positively impacted the lives of millions. I'll be in LA in September, and it sure would be great to see her and express this to her.

Nichelle Nichols Hospitalized: ‘Star Trek’ Actress Suffers Stroke At 82 After Leonard Nimoy Tribute [Video]

Old 06-07-2015, 12:27 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
How sad. I always admired this beautiful woman, from the moment I first saw her on "Star Trek". Even at a young age, I saw the beauty that defined her. Her skin and face were beautiful. She carried herself with such dignity and class, and to me, she was the standard by which I measured all women on TV. Similar to Diahann Carroll. She was articulate, and went about her work as a woman who happens to be black, not a black woman. Her race did not confine her, and I admired this.

Once a person has a stroke, I think it is a steady decline from there. So while this magnificent woman is still among us, may she be honored and feel the love. She deserves it, since her work positively impacted the lives of millions. I'll be in LA in September, and it sure would be great to see her and express this to her.

Nichelle Nichols Hospitalized: ‘Star Trek’ Actress Suffers Stroke At 82 After Leonard Nimoy Tribute [Video]
Don't counther out just yet! I have a much older SIL --who suffered a stroke. You'd be heard pressed to tell it today! A person can (and will) recover and bounce back from a stroke. It is possible. Nichelle is a very strong woman. For her, it IS possible!
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities