U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 11:22 AM

1,889 posts, read 6,987,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
How sad. I read this morning that his dad says it was an accidental overdose. Of course, the family may not want to believe it was anything other than accidental. I guess we'll all know someday soon. When I saw Heath's photo on the news article I read last night, he looked just like Andy Gibb! Another tragic loss.

On another note - the kidnapper/molester of Stevie Stayner died in prison this morning. Anybody remember that story? Stevie was kidnapped in the 70's, then escaped from his kidnapper yeras later, with another boy who had been kidnapped. Stevie was killed in a motorcycle accident at a young age, then his brother became a serial killer. Weird, tragic, sad story there.
I REMEMBER THAT!! Do you remember the movie that came out in the 80's about him? "I know my first name is Steven"? You're right- who would have thought life would turn out like that for his brother and now another twist to the saga! Tragic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2008, 11:25 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times
I started a thread in religion on this revolting development:

Westboro Baptist Church pickets Heath Ledger funeal - [domain blocked due to spam]

Old 01-23-2008, 12:26 PM

17,698 posts, read 34,861,113 times
Not surprised about Westboro. The church is mainly one family and they are loonies.

What is sad is that his family and former fiance found out via the media ... again, not surprised, but what a horrible way to find out, by having mics shoved in your face.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:07 AM

1,218 posts, read 3,582,943 times
So tragic. This beautiful young man could have been my son. Such a waste of such a young life. Rest in peace.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:59 AM

17,698 posts, read 34,861,113 times
And now it's time to let it go for awhile. Now the media is focusing on his being naked and a rolled up $20 ... let the families grieve in dignity.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:18 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,158,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
And now it's time to let it go for awhile. ..the media .... ... let the families grieve in dignity.
Agreed.
Especially considering the fact that no illegal drug, or drug residue, was found.
Sometimes an accident really is just that.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:52 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times

Old 01-24-2008, 02:53 PM

15,533 posts, read 35,652,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I started a thread in religion on this revolting development:

Westboro Baptist Church pickets Heath Ledger funeal - [domain blocked due to spam]
Those Westboro people are whackos. The have no idea of what Christianity is about. No clue! These nutjobs showed up at our church to picket the memorial service we had for Tammy Faye Bakker (Messner). We all just walked past them and didn't acknowledge their pathetic presence. I wonder how any one of them would feel if someone picketed one of their loved ones funeral or services.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:08 PM

10,716 posts, read 31,036,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
And now it's time to let it go for awhile. Now the media is focusing on his being naked and a rolled up $20 ... let the families grieve in dignity.
NICE, thats a meaningless detail, I am often disrobbed in the privacy of my own home.

I can't imagine how hard it is to grieve in such a public manner. Knowing its on everyones lips, not being able to turn on the TV for fear of finding something nasty there.

Yes, he was an actor but they are people, his family and loved ones are people and this must be a horrible and painful time.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 PM

2,111 posts, read 6,216,945 times
I was in shock when I heard this. It just broke my heart. I dont usually follow celebrity stuff, but for some reason this has bothered me. I think when all is said and done, it will come out, that this was nothing more than a tragic accident. People always want to believe the worst.

I enjoyed Heath very much as an actor. I loved him in The Patriot, and 10 things I hate about you. The scene where he was singing in the bleachers was too funny. My daughter and I were looking forward to seeing him as The Joker in the new Batman movie. I am sure there will be a dedication to him in that movie too.

I am so sad for his family and my heart goes out to Michele and little Matilda. That poor little girl will have to grow up now never really knowing her daddy. I thought it was awful tonight when Michele was getting out of a car to get to her home and there was nothing but flashbulbs in that poor womans face. I am soo sick of the Paparazzi. They are awful people IMO. This women not only has to deal with her loss, now she has to do it trying to dodge the crazy camera people. It is disgusting.

God Bless you Heath and your family. Rest in Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities