Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 06:45 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
So he got drugs to give to women for sex. There are two possibilities here based on what we know so far:

1) He got drugs to give to women for sex. He did give some of the women drugs, so they could have consensual sex. They agreed to have sex with him because of his fame, maybe in exchange for career support, but because he was so ugly, they needed to be near unconscious to go through with it. Taking the drugs was consensual. Having sex was consensual. After the career help didn't pan out, they got mad, and now they're getting even since now social media and Gloria Allred make it more likely than ever that they will succeed.

2) He got drugs to give women for sex. While promising to help them with their careers, because of his clout and fame, he gained their trust. Because he is so ugly, he knew that simply gaining their trust through his fame wasn't enough for them to consent to having sex with him. So he had a different plan. When he offered them drinks, they didn't know that he had spiked the drinks with drugs. They passed out, and he had his way with them sexually. When they came to, it was obvious something sexual had occurred. More focused on him helping them with their careers than on exposing him as a sexual predator who rapes women after drugging them, they chose to stay silent, even if doing so meant that other women would be victimized in the same manner. Taking the drugs was non-consensual. Sex was non-consensual. After the career help didn't pan out, they got mad, and now they're getting even since now social media and Gloria Allred make it more likely than ever that they will succeed.

Of these two scenarios, only the first appears plausible based on what we know so far. I think those who are choosing the second scenario have declared him "guilty until proven innocent", and this ain't cool.
Bill Cosby is not some kind of disgusting troll. Especially not the young Bill Cosby. He wasn't a model or anything but in what world would women need to be drugged to go through sleeping with him? A rich famous man to boot? Does Mick Jagger need them drugged too? Hell Verne Troyer has had hot girlfriends.

I think you are reaching.

He has a fetish for having sex with limp, lifeless women. It doesn't matter to him if they technically agreed to it or not it seems.

Last edited by Tinawina; 07-11-2015 at 06:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 03:13 PM

274 posts, read 353,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Of these two scenarios, only the first appears plausible based on what we know so far. I think those who are choosing the second scenario have declared him "guilty until proven innocent", and this ain't cool.

Dozens of unrelated articulate women, entertainment industry largely silent because based on his rep it was totally credible, proof that he got drugs - all that vs one man. And still the weight is not enough to be 'plausible.'

Why are women's motives so commonly called into question, as if there is an epidemic of false rape reports in this country. As if a beloved figure could not 'plausibly' be guilty of something heinous without video evidence.

I'm out of words on this.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:39 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon2 View Post
Dozens of unrelated articulate women, entertainment industry largely silent because based on his rep it was totally credible, proof that he got drugs - all that vs one man. And still the weight is not enough to be 'plausible.'

Why are women's motives so commonly called into question, as if there is an epidemic of false rape reports in this country. As if a beloved figure could not 'plausibly' be guilty of something heinous without video evidence.

I'm out of words on this.
This guy is beloved by people so they get very defensive when you speak ill of him.Jerry Sandusky's wife is still denies it even those her own son was a victim.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:16 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
This guy is beloved by people so they get very defensive when you speak ill of him.Jerry Sandusky's wife is still denies it even those her own son was a victim.
You could say the same of Camille Cosby. Although there were rumors last year that she would divorce him; she still blamed others for his short comings: Camille Cosby Won’t Divorce Bill Cosby, But Friends Are ‘Embarrassed’ By His ‘Roving Eye’. Does anybody know what her latest stance is on their relationship? If you Google her and divorce only 2014 articles appear.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:59 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,100 times
Here's the latest on Camille: unbelievable.

Bill Cosby's wife Camille claims alleged victims 'consented' to drugs | Daily Mail Online

So, first it never happened; now, it happened, and she knew about it all along, but they all consented. Right.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
You could say the same of Camille Cosby. Although there were rumors last year that she would divorce him; she still blamed others for his short comings: Camille Cosby Won’t Divorce Bill Cosby, But Friends Are ‘Embarrassed’ By His ‘Roving Eye’. Does anybody know what her latest stance is on their relationship? If you Google her and divorce only 2014 articles appear.
It is sad really, I would of divorce him by now

Old 07-13-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:
It is sad really, I would of divorce him by now
It could be the lifestyle? It cannot be easy at her age to give up everything; the unknown is scary - even if the known is repulsive.

We were thinking that she might divorce just to keep her share of the estate - if it looked as if civil actions might bite into the stash. But I cannot picture civil litigation hurting $350,000,000.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It could be the lifestyle? It cannot be easy at her age to give up everything; the unknown is scary - even if the known is repulsive.

We were thinking that she might divorce just to keep her share of the estate - if it looked as if civil actions might bite into the stash. But I cannot picture civil litigation hurting $350,000,000.
Her husband is rapist. I would rather live in homeless shelter than with a rapist. She has daughters. What kind of example for them. The money is not worth it.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Her husband is rapist. I would rather live in homeless shelter than with a rapist. She has daughters. What kind of example for them. The money is not worth it.
Most people do not have their kind of wealth and power. If you have lived most of your life thinking you are better than the average; are you quick to embrace the average? We have watched one celebrity after another make poor decisions. Some lost their wealth and health due to their lifestyles. Yes; "average/normal" people would find all of this very distasteful and distance themselves from the problem - I just don't think you can be that average/normal with that kind of recognition and wealth.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:59 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,630,721 times
I never like Bill Cosby since the "Tawanna Brawley" incident many years ago.
Now I really despise the man.
He is nothing more than a pig.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities