U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:34 AM

1,510 posts, read 4,574,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
And for my TV Geek Trivia for the day: As a young kid, Shia Lebouf was in one episode of Freaks and Geeks - as the school mascot who suffered a broken arm and was replaced by main character Sam.
Haha yes, I saw that. Actually I think it was 2 episodes... wasnt it? I rented the Freaks and Geeks dvd's not long ago but I dont remember.

And yes, Shia Labeouf. He's not an A-lister yet, but he's well on his way. Been watching him since he was about 14, he's now 21. Always knew he'd be big, and he's definitely on his way to major stardom. He's just too talented for Hollywood to overlook. Love him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 08:14 AM

2,955 posts, read 6,627,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOfIllFaith View Post
Haha yes, I saw that. Actually I think it was 2 episodes... wasnt it? I rented the Freaks and Geeks dvd's not long ago but I dont remember.

And yes, Shia Labeouf. He's not an A-lister yet, but he's well on his way. Been watching him since he was about 14, he's now 21. Always knew he'd be big, and he's definitely on his way to major stardom. He's just too talented for Hollywood to overlook. Love him!
Hmm..Maybe it was 2 episodes - I can't remember.
Freaks & Geeks was one of those shows that launched a bunch of actors' careers. Most (if not all) of the main cast are still actively working and some are getting really big (Seth Rogen, James Franco, Linda Cardellini, etc.) but there were up-and-comers in small roles too.
Remember the mentally handicapped kid from the 1st few episodes?
He plays Angel in the X-Men movies.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:26 AM

1,510 posts, read 4,574,986 times
Quote:
Remember the mentally handicapped kid from the 1st few episodes?
He plays Angel in the X-Men movies.
Really??! Thats awesome, I didnt recognize him. Yeah, Sam's friend, the one with the glasses was in one of Apatow's films too.. think it was Knocked Up. And so was Nick.. I think. So yes you're right, it did launch of a lot of careers.

Yes, F&G was amazing. I discovered it after it had already been pulled off the air, but I rented the 1st season, and was hooked. I really wish they would've brought it back. I loved Sam and bad boy Daniel .

Old 01-31-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOfIllFaith View Post
Yes, F&G was amazing. I discovered it after it had already been pulled off the air, but I rented the 1st season, and was hooked. I really wish they would've brought it back. I loved Sam and bad boy Daniel .
Yeah, I can't think of a sit-com that I have ever liked more.
I crave more episodes, but I also like that there is just one amazing season. Never got a chance to go downhill.

By the way, Rogen and Franco (Daniel) are going to co-star in a new movie - coming out this year - written by Judd Apatow. He has called it a "stoner action film". I can't wait.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:34 PM

6 posts, read 23,643 times
speaking of heathers...
Christian Slater in Heathers. He was my biggest crush as a kid.
Val Kilmer in top gun.
Kip Pardue in Remember the Titans.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:22 AM

17,698 posts, read 34,851,784 times
Forrest Whitaker in Bird
Nick Cage in Raising Arizona & Valley Girl
Jake Gyllenhall in Donnie Darko

Old 02-04-2008, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Forrest Whitaker in Bird
Nick Cage in Raising Arizona & Valley Girl
Jake Gyllenhall in Donnie Darko
Hell Yes to all 3.
I'll add: Cage in Vampire's Kiss (my favorite role of his).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or