Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 03:49 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,832 times

Advertisements

Everyone knew that Bob Barker had a temper. He was known to yell at studio staffers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 06:19 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,425,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherphotographer View Post
Tidbits from Kathleen Bradley's TPIR book

I honestly threw up in my mouth a bit about the "dog role playing" deal. GROSS
Did it have something to do with 'remember to spay and neuter your pet'?

Old 10-07-2015, 06:36 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,169 times
Just an 'aside', but quite some time after the Bob Barker 'scandals' blew up I remember watching an episode (the show was still airing.) and I could see that the 'harrassing' type behavior was probably systemic. A female contestant was on stage with BB. She was casually dressed with a short skirt and top, nothing out of the ordinary, not inappropriate. The CAMERAMAN 'panned' this woman slowly, VERY slowly, from ankles to shoulders and then, finally settled on her face, it was the creepiest thing I'd seen in a long time on tv. Very uncomfortable to watch. It was clearly inappropriate. I could see that the problem probably wasn't just BB...

The second 'creepiest' thing I had seen was, while watching a rerun of Bewitched with Elizabeth Montgomery. The scene was in a bedroom and Samantha and Darren were talking. Samantha, wearing a simple nightgown, sat in a chair beside a bed and the camera took a crotch shot! Really! Upper thighs and panty at the juncture (best way I can describe). My mouth dropped open. It was clearly a shot that one would not ever see even in the year (many years after the original show) I saw the rerun. Don't know how this got past the censors??? These 'not so subtle' things probably happened quite frequently and were perhaps slyly left in the final product. Hollywood...

Old 10-07-2015, 08:45 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post

The second 'creepiest' thing I had seen was, while watching a rerun of Bewitched with Elizabeth Montgomery. The scene was in a bedroom and Samantha and Darren were talking. Samantha, wearing a simple nightgown, sat in a chair beside a bed and the camera took a crotch shot! Really! Upper thighs and panty at the juncture (best way I can describe). My mouth dropped open. It was clearly a shot that one would not ever see even in the year (many years after the original show) I saw the rerun. Don't know how this got past the censors??? These 'not so subtle' things probably happened quite frequently and were perhaps slyly left in the final product. Hollywood...

strange in that her then husband William Asher directed most episodes and later was the producer

Old 10-07-2015, 09:27 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,514 times
Is he still alive??? I loved it growing up watching him on TV. I don't see the point in airing his dirty laundry now that's he's out of the spotlight

Old 10-07-2015, 11:13 PM

82 posts, read 70,705 times
Remember the expression "he without sin cast the first stone". So anyone complaining think about that.

Old 10-08-2015, 01:25 PM

12,231 posts, read 2,964,782 times
Not the first celebrity to thnk his stuff doesn't stink. There's just so much arrogance in the entertainment world.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:16 AM

465 posts, read 418,260 times
Default its true

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Just an 'aside', but quite some time after the Bob Barker 'scandals' blew up I remember watching an episode (the show was still airing.) and I could see that the 'harrassing' type behavior was probably systemic. A female contestant was on stage with BB. She was casually dressed with a short skirt and top, nothing out of the ordinary, not inappropriate. The CAMERAMAN 'panned' this woman slowly, VERY slowly, from ankles to shoulders and then, finally settled on her face, it was the creepiest thing I'd seen in a long time on tv. Very uncomfortable to watch. It was clearly inappropriate. I could see that the problem probably wasn't just BB...

This happens all the time. In women's tennis when they serve...years back there was always a crotch shot. Football games, with all the fans in the stadium, the camera man always finds the hottie in the crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities