Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 05:12 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,339,180 times

Advertisements

I think she's one of the best part of this season. I was watching the episode "Flicker" w/ a friend, the one that goes into her character's backstory and she's barely recognizable in her flashback. My friend had no clue what was going on until I told her that the flapper w/ the short brown hair was Gaga!

Considering what she's working w/, I think she is doing fine. Keeping in mind that we are talking about American Horror Story here, a show that can be sloppy at times and even down right hokey. Gaga is holding her own against Kathy Bates, Angela Basset, Sarah Paulson, and Dennis O'Hare, is on par w/ actors like Evan Peters, Finn Wittrock, and is better than Chloe Sevigny and Wes Bentley (which is sad considering the latter two did well in past seasons they were on). This show is very uneven and even The really good actors weren't that great last season.

I'm withholding further judgement until I see her in something else that is not AHS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 05:28 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
I think she's one of the best part of this season. I was watching the episode "Flicker" w/ a friend, the one that goes into her character's backstory and she's barely recognizable in her flashback. My friend had no clue what was going on until I told her that the flapper w/ the short brown hair was Gaga!

Considering what she's working w/, I think she is doing fine. Keeping in mind that we are talking about American Horror Story here, a show that can be sloppy at times and even down right hokey. Gaga is holding her own against Kathy Bates, Angela Basset, Sarah Paulson, and Dennis O'Hare, is on par w/ actors like Evan Peters, Finn Wittrock, and is better than Chloe Sevigny and Wes Bentley (which is sad considering the latter two did well in past seasons they were on). This show is very uneven and even The really good actors weren't that great last season.

I'm withholding further judgement until I see her in something else that is not AHS.
Thank you.

Whatever you think of Gaga, I would imagine that Ryan Murphy is conscious of the fact that whomever he hired for the role would play against some major talent. I'm sure the decision wasn't taken lightly.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:42 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
American Horror Story: Hotel: Lady Gaga

In this Jessica Lange-free season, what seemed like stunt casting at first has been absolutely perfect for the show, with Lady Gaga as the ruthless yet vulnerable vampire, the Countess. Her insanely gorgeous costumes alone make the show a weekly must-watch—and help make up for any shortcomings she might have in the acting department.
The Best and Worst Television Moments of 2015

Old 01-15-2016, 11:58 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,057,027 times
I agree 100% she is terrible in AHS. I still have quite a few episodes on my DVR and I think they will just get deleted. I just can't...

Old 01-15-2016, 12:57 PM
bUU

Lady Gaga Wins Golden Globe Award for ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’ | Variety

Old 01-17-2016, 05:07 PM

997 posts, read 1,060,503 times
I'm finally getting caught up on AHS:Hotel. I watched the third to last episode earlier today, which aired just before Christmas. Obviously, I'm not enthralled by this season as it took me a month to find the time to watch it. I couldn't help but think as I watched it that the Hollywood Foreign Press really got it wrong this year - she's just laughably bad in the show. I feel like I have to watch the last two episodes more than wanting to since I've invested so much time in it.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:59 AM
bUU

Gaga was better than the script. I'm amazed a relative acting neophyte did so well given the inadequate material the actors were given to work with this year.

Old 01-22-2016, 08:10 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
But how much better would the season be if Jessica Lange had her role?

I dont think so.

im not a big fan of jessica lange at all. That constant whispering of her lines completely aggravated the crap out of me.
Im glad she was out this season.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:52 AM
bUU

And especially with regard to this role. Gaga not only did very well, deserving of the accolades she's received, but she assuredly did better in that role, as it was presented, than Jessica Lange could have. Surely they could have written the role different to fit Jessica Lange better, but they didn't, and the role as it ended up was better played by Gaga.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities