Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 03:38 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
I went and saw the new Star Wars last night. Carrie Fisher's face is so frozen from bad botox that her lips don't even move. You see more emotion from the alien woman who runs the bar.
And? You didn't address anything in my post.

Quote:
I meant that her character was no longer important to the plot. She did not have to be in the new movie. How does a "princess" rise to become a "general" in the resistance??? She has no military training. "Affirmitive action"??? How come she does not have the same powers as her brother "Luke"?
No you didn't mean that at all. You said she was a minor character in the previous films & that she could have easily been recast. You're wrong, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 04:56 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,186,733 times
I saw the film this morning, and I don't think she looks that bad at all. She's in her early 60's and looks very age appropriate to me. Maybe one too many botox injections, but that's it.

At least she didn't have that awful fake British accent that plagued her (and then inexplicably disappeared) in "A New Hope".

Old 01-02-2016, 05:58 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,989,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I agree too. Saw the film last night, She looked as i expected she would for a woman of her age. It was great seeing her, Han and Chewie.

Chewie is older then both of them and does not care either about about what people think either.
That's what 58 looks like? I don't think so.

Hamill looks bad, too.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:30 PM

8,321 posts, read 13,450,418 times
I wouldn't dare say anything negative about the way she looks now even if I had anything derogatory to say.

I still remember what she did to Jabba the Hutt in Return of the Jedi for calling her a "fat.ss" in some alien language!

Harrison looks decent for his age because I heard carbon-freezing does wonders for your skin!

Old 01-05-2016, 12:55 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
she did have a rough life, some by choice, some by when, how and where she grew up. I too say she made it through things some of us would not. And she's got humor to deal with issues you can't change anyway.
So she looks bad or good for her age, that's in the eye of the beholder mostly. Opinions will vary. But...she should know how Hollywood and the sheeple are....and how flavors of the month only last well, a month if even that.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:40 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakru View Post
I don't care how old she looks.....she is still funny as hell! All 3 of my feelings.....HA! Love her!
love her too and think she has a good face...

Old 01-06-2016, 03:25 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,430,016 times
I went to see Star Wars yesterday. From comments on Carrie Fisher's appearance, I expected something awful. I thought she looked ok........ like a real woman, as unlike a celebrity woman of her age. She was totally unrecognizable from her appearance as a young woman. Harrison did ok....... struggled a bit with the running!!

Old 01-08-2016, 02:17 PM

9,881 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
I meant that her character was no longer important to the plot. She did not have to be in the new movie. How does a "princess" rise to become a "general" in the resistance??? She has no military training. "Affirmitive action"??? How come she does not have the same powers as her brother "Luke"?
The Force Awakens takes place 30 years after Return of the Jedi - lots could have happened in those 30 years like military training and promotions.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:55 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
Quote:
What? She pretty much ran the whole military resistance in the original, did a bunch of shooting, made a lot of military decisions. How do you know she has no military training?
Lots of siblings have different abilities.

Your just doing that thing - trying to make facts fit your opinion. Watch fox much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities