U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 05:42 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,236,494 times

Advertisements

My Rolling Stone arrived yesterday, with Britney on the cover.
I have not even opened the 'zine yet.

I've gone off/on Rolling Stone over the years. Sometimes there are some insightful columns on politics, and I enjoy the music reviews.

But I gotta tell ya, I first subscribed to this rag back when I was 16 years old, when young Mick Jagger, John Lennon, Jim Morrison, and very young Michael Jackson, etc were on the front cover.

And now this.

I assume the Britney piece will be a dissection of the milieu that chews up young vulnerable talent, then spits it out--a reflection of the gluttonous maw of the pop music industry, as well as the shallow American public.

I am re-thinking my subscription, which runs out next month. Nothing against poor, troubled Britney. She obviously has her problems with the price of fame and success.
I suppose it's more that Rolling Stone isn't speaking to me anymore.
For those who want it, the music business has always been a place of excess. For those who aren't quite cautious enough, the music business can also be a minefield of betrayals.
There are a long line of pop stars behind Spears.
Thing is, I don't need to pay Rolling Stone to tell me all about this.
I've got People magazine in the dentist's waiting room for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or