U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 11:59 PM

442 posts, read 1,902,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OREGONRAIN View Post
and another one a son of RFK I think that died of a drug overdose at their estate in Palm Beach.
Thas was David. What about William Kennedy Smith?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 12:15 AM

10,716 posts, read 31,030,974 times
I remember the summer that John Jr. died. It was the same summer my Father died. I watched the coverage in the hope that by some fluke he would be found alive.

I remember the look on Ted Kennedy's face when he went out on that ship when they pulled their remains from the ocean. I really felt for him.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:22 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,153,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post

Do you guys know that JFK had a sister that didn't follow along as the old man insisted and they put her in a mental hospital and had her lobotomized if memory serves.
I don't think it was so much that she didn't go along, it was more like she couldn't.
Rosemary Kennedy

As for the "JFK love child," I realize that JFK was not exactly the most faithful President ever to grace the White House but wouldn't this offspring have to be at least 45 years old to have been fathered by JFK?
The assassination occurred in 1963.
Be interesting to see what comes of that story, if anything.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I don't think it was so much that she didn't go along, it was more like she couldn't.
Rosemary Kennedy

As for the "JFK love child," I realize that JFK was not exactly the most faithful President ever to grace the White House but wouldn't this offspring have to be at least 45 years old to have been fathered by JFK?
The assassination occurred in 1963.
Be interesting to see what comes of that story, if anything.
What a very sad story, thanks for posting the link. I can't imagine what it must have been like in those days.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:21 AM

8,734 posts, read 6,173,776 times
Didn't the Kennedy's bring a lot of the 'bad luck' onto themselves though?
They do daredevil things, like JFK jr., he was flying in bad conditions when he really didn't have enough experience?
The affairs are a choice they all made, Chappaquidic (sp?)included, someone's bound to have out of wedlock kids...
Of course the shootings(of JFK and RFK) were terrible and that's different but as for the rest, they pretty much did stupid things and made stupid choices...
That with Rosemary was utterly dispicable, they just hid her away like she was trash...
and Rose was not the angel they tried to make her into.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
Didn't the Kennedy's bring a lot of the 'bad luck' onto themselves though?
They do daredevil things, like JFK jr., he was flying in bad conditions when he really didn't have enough experience?
The affairs are a choice they all made, Chappaquidic (sp?)included, someone's bound to have out of wedlock kids...
Of course the shootings(of JFK and RFK) were terrible and that's different but as for the rest, they pretty much did stupid things and made stupid choices...
That with Rosemary was utterly dispicable, they just hid her away like she was trash...
and Rose was not the angel they tried to make her into.
Yea, I agree some of it was not so accidental. John JR was not certified to fly with instruments only and he ended up flying at night in hazy weather when he could only use instruments.

The eldest son was killed in the way if memory serves in a plane.

I don't recall how Ted Kennedy crashed in a small plane and broke his back.

Maybe it just seems more extraordinary because there are so many of them.

I believe another one died in a skiing accident. Its just sad.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Yea, I agree some of it was not so accidental. John JR was not certified to fly with instruments only and he ended up flying at night in hazy weather when he could only use instruments.
Yes.
Quote:
The eldest son was killed in the way if memory serves in a plane.
Joe died flying on a combat mission during WWII. It was too bad, he had been eligible to return home, having flown several missions already.
link
Sister Kathleen died in a plane crash in '48.
[quote]

Ted's older brother JFK hurt his (already troublesome) back while serving with the Navy during WWII.
He received a Purple Heart.
JFK
Quote:
Maybe it just seems more extraordinary because there are so many of them.
Yes. There are many of them; they are Catholic. Some of them have definitely displayed reckless behavior, others not so much, some have had trouble with substance abuse, then conquered it.
Quote:
I believe another one died in a skiing accident. Its just sad.
Yes, I was living in Colorado when that happened. That was Michael, RFK's son.
The latest on the JFK child:
I am JFK's love child, man says (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080211.wjack11/BNStory/National/home - broken link)

Last edited by BlueWillowPlate; 02-11-2008 at 03:52 AM.. Reason: Lindsay provided the correct info about Ted Kennedy

Old 02-11-2008, 03:32 AM

"He missed the 1964 convention in Atlantic City. He was in the hospital with a broken back, the result of a plane crash in June in which two people were killed."

Sharing the Passion - New York Times

I knew I remember hearing about this years ago. This mishap was in addition to the incident with the bridge and the car.

I remember telling my Dad about John Jr's plane crash while he was in the hospital. As a child my parents took me to Washington DC and we had ridden on the tram with Ted Kennedy. I told my Dad that this family were Jonah's and no one should get on a moving conveyance with them.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:51 AM

Yes! Now I remember seeing photos of him wearing the backbrace.
I was about 10 years old then.
Thank you for the correction, Lindsay. I will change my post.
Did you read the article I posted about the JFK love child? Kind of interesting.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:00 AM

That is a fascinating story and I am interested to see what happens. I would LOVE to see a picture of this guy.

I wonder who though will come forward to offer their DNA for a posible match?

I would LOVE to hear the story how he came to be but that is the sordid details that I am sure the Kennedy family would like to keep hidden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or