Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 10:35 AM

12,233 posts, read 2,964,782 times

Advertisements

I don't blame her. They would have never done to Regis what they did to Kelly Ripa. Never.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 04:55 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pege View Post
i don't blame her. They would have never done to regis what they did to kelly ripa. Never.
Exactly!

Old 01-20-2017, 05:44 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
I don't blame her. They would have never done to Regis what they did to Kelly Ripa. Never.
I'm not sure what "they" did to Kelly. I think I read that it was Michael's choice to keep his new job offer quiet....And I can understand why after how Kelly reacted to the news.

At the end of the day....Kelly is just an employee. Her celebrity status imo is directly related to her co-hosting the show with Regis.

Before that she was an actress on a soap opera.

Comparing her to Regis regarding celebrity is a stretch imo.

Old 01-20-2017, 05:56 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I'm not sure what "they" did to Kelly. I think I read that it was Michael's choice to keep his new job offer quiet....And I can understand why after how Kelly reacted to the news.

At the end of the day....Kelly is just an employee. Her celebrity status imo is directly related to her co-hosting the show with Regis.

What was Regis other than a game show host? Big whoop.

The only reason Kelly reacted the way she did was because she was blindsided.

There is no good reason she shouldn't have been given a heads up, treated with the respect she deserves as a professional.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:36 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,017 times
Kelly is full of herself and a diva. Her speech after she came out of hiding was pure BS. She's a phoney and her cutesy little girl voice is eyeroll-inducing.

Old 02-05-2017, 03:57 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,270,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Kelly is full of herself and a diva. Her speech after she came out of hiding was pure BS. She's a phoney and her cutesy little girl voice is eyeroll-inducing.
Let's just say she is very very lucky, won the lottery.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:19 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,017 times
So Kelly expected Michael to thumb his nose at the network execs and come to HER and mess up his deal? Give me a break.

I don't think they were nearly as close as they appeared to be on camera.

btw they need to get rid of that funky confetti/trivia dancer/spin the wheel game. It is so played out and corny.

Better yet, cancel the show. Life will go on, trust me.

btw #2 I saw someone upthread say Jimmy Kimmel auditioned to be her co-host. Um, noooooo. Jimmy was just filling in and he even dug at Kelly with a few comments about Michael. Jimmy does not want or need that job. Puhleeze. Get real.

When Kelly was pouting and came out with a David & Goliath book and then "Freedom" jacket I wanted to vomit.

Kelly should go ahead and hire that teacher guy Richard - they can pay him less than a well-known person but tons more money than he's making as a school teacher. He's good at gushing over Kelly and doing her bidding and that's what she wants.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:17 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post

She reacted because she had been kept in the dark about something that affected the show she is on.
Nothing makes you feel crazier than when everyone around you at work knows something but you - its unprofessional and really unkind to treat anyone that way regardless. All unecessary bs male powerplay. Men have bad reactions and melt down over stuff too but they are kept in the loop. People just deal with it vs. "ooh we have to keep a secret from the hysterical women". Sooooo insulting. And she is Regis's heir to the throne not Stryhan. She is the heir talent and I think she should have done what a man would have done and had all those people fired.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:44 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
She reacted because she had been kept in the dark about something that affected the show she is on.
Nothing makes you feel crazier than when everyone around you at work knows something but you - its unprofessional and really unkind to treat anyone that way regardless. All unnecessary bs male powerplay. Men have bad reactions and melt down over stuff too but they are kept in the loop. People just deal with it vs. "ooh we have to keep a secret from the hysterical women". Sooooo insulting. And she is Regis's heir to the throne not Stryhan. She is the heir talent and I think she should have done what a man would have done and had all those people fired.
Instead of a new topic....why is Michael Strahan everywhere? I love Sarah from The View and GMA...she is absolutely darling.
But can't watch the GMA extension of the 2 of them together...can't help thinking he will
do to her (or anybody) what he did to Kelly...blindsided her on Nat'l TV.
I am all for advancing your career as Michael, has it's America, money matters...but, I can't
watch a guy I don't respect or trust.
As a Christian, I forgive him, he made a mistake...but, it doesn't mean I want to watch him knowing he has this in his character....and may do it again.

Does anyone know if he was sincerely contrite about
how he handles this with Kelly on that infamous morning?

Old 10-04-2018, 08:57 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,518,664 times
Kelly who?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities