Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 12:18 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,892,991 times

Advertisements

Would NPH be interested in doing a daily talk show? They get along really well. I don't even watch talk shows, but I might if he were her new co-host.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 12:27 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,823,240 times
I didn't think they had good chemistry anyway. I didn't need to read the article to know that there's tension between them, especially from Kelly. It seemed obvious to me when watching the show. Her acting like a jackass by not showing up isn't going to help matters and I wouldn't be surprised if Michael was secretly glad to be leaving her.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:30 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,779,947 times
I think it's time to end this show.

I'm sure she's upset she wasn't told. But were they even friends off screen?

I'd take this much more personally if we had been (although I would be openly conflicted about the fact that per his contract, he was forbidden to disclose his departure to her). If we were not friends, then I'd still be angry, but distantly so.

Either way, she's a multi-millionaire with a steady career. Even when he leaves, or even if the show ends, she'll find some other line of work.

Life will go on for her...

Old 04-21-2016, 12:32 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Seems to be standard MO in the TV business to leave the main actor out of the loop. When NBC was removing David Gregory from MTP, he heard rumors, read about it in the papers, and had to take the initiative to directly confront NBC execs in order to be told to his face. There are numerous similar instances scattered among all the networks. Kelly believes she's a 'big deal' and has her fans - and her BIG paycheck for essentially being a airhead - to back up that belief. Otoh, since the show is syndicated (it airs here on ABC) - and is, therefore, an "independent" entity, perhaps Disney/ABC didn't think they needed to tell her anything. Wonder when Gelman found out.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:39 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,546,362 times
She needs to be a grown up and a Professional sheesh!

Old 04-21-2016, 01:24 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
She needs to be a grown up and a Professional sheesh!
I wonder how well behaved her children are? Good example, Kelly.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:31 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,605,807 times
I would have advised Ripa to be quiet, behave professionally, and consult with her lawyer in private if she had objections. I am not sure that she is as powerful as she seems to think she is, in terms of TV morning show clout. She is no longer quite so young and perky; and the time when she hits an uncertain age for female TV performers and talk show hostesses (especially those who started out, and became well-known, for being perky and cute and youthful) is getting closer. I am not sure that Ripa would do well if she left the show, or left ABC.

I am not saying that Strahan behaved perfectly, or that ABC/Disney handled the situation well, either. But I don't think it is necessarily in Ripa's best interest for her to bite the hand that feeds her. Of course, I haven't studied the ratings for her show over the years, either.

Old 04-21-2016, 01:42 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I would have advised Ripa to be quiet, behave professionally, and consult with her lawyer in private if she had objections. I am not sure that she is as powerful as she seems to think she is, in terms of TV morning show clout. She is no longer quite so young and perky; and the time when she hits an uncertain age for female TV performers and talk show hostesses (especially those who started out, and became well-known, for being perky and cute and youthful) is getting closer. I am not sure that Ripa would do well if she left the show, or left ABC.

I am not saying that Strahan behaved perfectly, or that ABC/Disney handled the situation well, either. But I don't think it is necessarily in Ripa's best interest for her to bite the hand that feeds her. Of course, I haven't studied the ratings for her show over the years, either.
This should be the advice for anyone. I cannot imagine behaving this way if one of my coworkers quit and didn't give me advanced notice. Completely unprofessional. I understand her being upset, but wow

Old 04-21-2016, 01:52 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
I feel sorry for his chair that will probably have to stay behind and be subjected to her banality.

Old 04-21-2016, 02:26 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,656,420 times
This is the business. Could ABC have given her a professional courtesy? Yes. Were they obligated to? No. I am sure that the powers that be told the people who needed to know on Live. They probably didnt feel she was one of them (and the way this is playing out right now, they seem to be right). Plus, you must be very careful what information you dispense to a person that has a live mic for an hour a day, five days a week. That is just common sense.

ABC is trying to sure up the more important property: GMA. And that isnt open for discussion. A matter of fact, if they thought Ripa would sure up GMA, they would have grabbed her and told Strahan, you arent ready yet, sir...work in the minors a little longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities