Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 11:13 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times

Advertisements

She didn't know he was leaving until the day of the announcement, but supposedly he was forbidden to discuss it beforehand.

Kelly Ripa is Furious at Michael Strahan ... You Betrayed Me | TMZ.com

Quote:
Kelly Ripa believes Michael Strahan stabbed her in the back by not telling her he was bailing on her.
Sources connected to Kelly and 'Live' tell us, although Michael was under strict orders by Disney CEO Bob Iger not to tell anyone about his move to 'GMA,' she feels as a colleague who played a critical role in his rise to fame on TV ... he should have given her a heads-up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 07:09 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
Well boo hoo. Poor baby as she collects her seven figure income.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:23 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Anything to get her name in the news....yawn.....

Old 04-21-2016, 07:31 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Sorry Kelly, welcome to the world of show business.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:32 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Default Kelly Rip has been MUIA ever since she found out Michael Strahan is leaving

Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan's Daytime Drama: Everything We Know About His Shocking Live! Exit | E! Online

I don't watch Live! regularly, but I always liked the show once Kelly & Michael were together. they had great chemistry, I thought.

To find out that he didn't tell her he was leaving, and the way she found out was by hearing it announced by GMA is just terrible.

I don't blame her for walking out. She is saying she is not coming back until he leaves.

I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. I would be very difficult to host that show next to someone who disrespected her so much.

Yes, I know it was Disney's decision to do it that way, but he should have found a way to warn her at least a few minutes ahead of time!

Old 04-21-2016, 10:34 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
People in all jobs may move on after some time. Its understandable its a jolt for her but the show must go on and her throwing a fit and not showing up for work makes her look bad. Move on Kelly, you make piles of $$$$ life could be worse.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:44 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan's Daytime Drama: Everything We Know About His Shocking Live! Exit | E! Online

I don't watch Live! regularly, but I always liked the show once Kelly & Michael were together. they had great chemistry, I thought.

To find out that he didn't tell her he was leaving, and the way she found out was by hearing it announced by GMA is just terrible.

I don't blame her for walking out. She is saying she is not coming back until he leaves.

I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing. I would be very difficult to host that show next to someone who disrespected her so much.

Yes, I know it was Disney's decision to do it that way, but he should have found a way to warn her at least a few minutes ahead of time!
She's a DIVA, Princess in her own mind. She will be in breach of contract if she continues her hissy fit. She's only pissed because she is embarrassed she was left in the dark. THAT I sure can understand but I would act the bigger person than Disney if I were her but I am not a Prima Donna. Let her cut her nose off to spite her face. I hope Disney sues the crap out of her. Good riddance. They should have canceled the show after Regis left, then maybe she would not have gotten too big for her britches. I heard she was so upset that Michael shot to "stardom" so quickly. Regis carried her for years. She did seem like a nicer person when she took Kathy Lee's place for awhile. Then she changed. Bleck.....

Old 04-21-2016, 10:52 AM

8,070 posts, read 4,746,263 times
She's been a loyal ABC/Disney employee for most of her adult life, going back to her days as Hayley on All My Children. While it can be argued that ABC/Disney made her a star (and a very wealthy one, to boot) I think she has every right to be angry at the company for not including her into "the loop" on these plans, because she has been a money-maker for the network for so long. Was nothing learned from the whole fiasco when no one called Johnny Carson to let him know Joan Rivers was leaving The Tonight Show for her own show?

The whole situation is also insulting to Ripa because they give the impression that they're willing to gut Live in order to shore up GMA. If Live goes down in flames, Ripa will be blamed, not Strahan, because Strahan will be long gone, and not the network because...well, they never take responsibility for their bone-head decisions.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:56 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
She's been a loyal ABC/Disney employee for most of her adult life, going back to her days as Hayley on All My Children. While it can be argued that ABC/Disney made her a star (and a very wealthy one, to boot) I think she has every right to be angry at the company for not including her into "the loop" on these plans, because she has been a money-maker for the network for so long. Was nothing learned from the whole fiasco when no one called Johnny Carson to let him know Joan Rivers was leaving The Tonight Show for her own show?

The whole situation is also insulting to Ripa because they give the impression that they're willing to gut Live in order to shore up GMA. If Live goes down in flames, Ripa will be blamed, not Strahan, because Strahan will be long gone, and not the network because...well, they never take responsibility for their bone-head decisions.
He just took a grown up job instead , a promotion she would have taken in a second too , how long can someone like him sit and laugh at nothing for an hour every day .

Old 04-21-2016, 10:57 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities