U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 03:54 PM

1,700 posts, read 797,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
she said the last thing he said to the people at the party was, "Wait a few days before you waste any prayers on me."
that sounds like a suicide insinuation to me.

edited to say that i think it sounds like prince insinuated suicide was something he was thinking about. not that the poster here insinuated it. just wanted to clear that up.

Last edited by beachie123; 04-21-2016 at 04:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 04:48 PM

15,821 posts, read 9,771,083 times
This is really sad to hear. He was a really great talent, and not many people knew how good of a guitarist he really was. Here is a video of him with some of the greats, and he blew the place apart with his solo at the end. Crank up the speakers, it will blow you away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

RIP Prince.

I can't believe the mods shut down the thread in current events......THIS IS A CURRENT EVENT !

Don

Old 04-21-2016, 05:07 PM

5,091 posts, read 6,257,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
that sounds like a suicide insinuation to me.

edited to say that i think it sounds like prince insinuated suicide was something he was thinking about. not that the poster here insinuated it. just wanted to clear that up.
TMZ has the dispatch recordings and they just say male, not breathing. They later add that CPR had been started, presumably by the people who found him. I think if it were a suicide, it would have probably been more violent ???? in which case that would have been mentioned by dispatch. Also, he was in an elevator, which would seem kind of weird for a suicide.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:03 PM

8,695 posts, read 8,674,450 times
Prince will likely die the way he lived - mysteriously. Can any of his fans honestly say they knew him?

Old 04-21-2016, 06:15 PM

1,633 posts, read 1,486,064 times
So sad

One of the top musical geniuses ever.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:18 PM

10,398 posts, read 4,177,200 times
Another legend lost, so sad.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:32 PM

6,901 posts, read 7,103,326 times
All our Mpls/Stpl news stations are all about Prince - showing Paisley Park, which is where he died in one of the elevators. The park is full of fans. Just can't believe he's gone. There will be an all night remeberance tonight at First Avenue.

I'm waiting to hear what the cause of death was. I'm wondering if it was a heart attack.

They just showed a rainbow over his Paisley Park studio - nice.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:34 PM

1,837 posts, read 746,583 times
I can't believe it.

I'm 20 minutes into finding out.

OMG.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:48 PM

10,398 posts, read 4,177,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
All our Mpls/Stpl news stations are all about Prince - showing Paisley Park, which is where he died in one of the elevators. The park is full of fans. Just can't believe he's gone. There will be an all night remeberance tonight at First Avenue.

I'm waiting to hear what the cause of death was. I'm wondering if it was a heart attack.

They just showed a rainbow over his Paisley Park studio - nice.
I know he had been ill, even making an emergency detour to Atlanta, iirc, last week. Said it was the flu, I never thought he'd be dead just a few days later.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:56 PM

1,700 posts, read 797,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
TMZ has the dispatch recordings and they just say male, not breathing. They later add that CPR had been started, presumably by the people who found him. I think if it were a suicide, it would have probably been more violent ???? in which case that would have been mentioned by dispatch. Also, he was in an elevator, which would seem kind of weird for a suicide.
well, i had no information at the time that i wrote that and i have not been watching tv or listening to the radio this afternoon. so i haven't heard any news updates, and i have not heard any dispatch recordings.

i wasn't saying that i think it was suicide. it just seems weird, "wait for a few days before wasting any prayers on me" well that sounds like an odd thing to say to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or