Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 01:50 PM

18,438 posts, read 18,551,251 times

Advertisements

I know some of these facts might be wrong but who would have thought some female stars were so short.. or that Sophia Loren only had average boobs as they always looked big.. have a look and see who you thought was a different height or weight.. Sizing Up Old Hollywood--Heights, Weights, and Measurements of Classic Cinema Stars | GlamAmor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 04:47 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,711,812 times
The heights haven't exactly been a secret.

I did have to laugh at Marilyn Monroe's weight range, but maybe that was supposed to reflect the many weight fluctuations throughout her life. She was 119 lbs. at autopsy.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:55 PM

44,888 posts, read 59,869,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I know some of these facts might be wrong but who would have thought some female stars were so short.. or that Sophia Loren only had average boobs as they always looked big.. have a look and see who you thought was a different height or weight.. Sizing Up Old Hollywood--Heights, Weights, and Measurements of Classic Cinema Stars | GlamAmor

I don't know. It says that Sophia Loren was packing 38s, which is about the highest number listed.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:03 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,309,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I don't know. It says that Sophia Loren was packing 38s, which is about the highest number listed.
Not necessarily. It says she was a 38C. That's her bra size.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:09 PM

44,888 posts, read 59,869,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Not necessarily. It says she was a 38C. That's her bra size.

I don't know how bra sizes work. As a man I'll just say that I know'em when I see'em.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:15 AM

26,273 posts, read 8,377,852 times
Quote:
That was a real interesting link you provided! Lots of information beyond heights and weights. I knew Judy Garland was small. I met Mickey Rooney, and he was very short. If you watch him in movies with Judy, they are about the same height.

Joan Crawford always seemed like a statuesque woman, with those big shoulders.......but it was mainly padding put in her clothes by Adrian at MGM. She is one of the most fascinating of the stars of her era. She constantly changed her 'look.' A glance at photos of her from say 1925, 1935, 1945, and 1955, and you see a constantly evolving persona.

It's a shame those great stars are passing into history now. Many young people don't even know who they are. But stars like Crawford put modern stars to shame. If you wrote to her as a fan, you would get a hand written letter back. She kept in touch with many fans for decades, and even sent birthday cards to some.

She was slaughtered by her adopted daughter in the book 'Mommie Dearest' which damaged her reputation. But she was a star who tried to live up to that title. I find her much more watchable today, than say Bette Davis, who chews the scenery in many of her movies.

Old 10-27-2016, 05:58 AM

93 posts, read 63,702 times
As a woman I have to say that any 'stats' of bra sizes you can take with a grain of salt. I have been a consistent weight (throughout my adult life) and my size completely varies depending on the bra.

Also, if a woman is petite, she sometimes has to really hunt for a bra that fits her properly (the straps of most average bras will be too long to support her bc petite women have shorter bones). So she may have to go down a size (or two) to get the shorter straps, and then go up a cup size (or two) so her breasts aren't squashed.

So numbers can be deceiving. (trust me on this) lolz

Old 10-28-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLee_88 View Post
As a woman I have to say that any 'stats' of bra sizes you can take with a grain of salt. I have been a consistent weight (throughout my adult life) and my size completely varies depending on the bra.

Also, if a woman is petite, she sometimes has to really hunt for a bra that fits her properly (the straps of most average bras will be too long to support her bc petite women have shorter bones). So she may have to go down a size (or two) to get the shorter straps, and then go up a cup size (or two) so her breasts aren't squashed.

So numbers can be deceiving. (trust me on this) lolz
straps can be adjusted though . I think with Sophia, her boobs maybe looked bigger as her waist was so tiny..take a look at BB http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...size-zero.html

Old 11-01-2016, 02:27 AM

3,021 posts, read 1,645,349 times
Quote:
I've seen a photo of a very young Sophia nude from the waste up. It was before she became famous in the US and, although she was thinner, she definitely had the boobs.

Old 11-01-2016, 06:50 AM

Sophia Loren | Body Measurements Again I doubt she was as small as a C cup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities