U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2016, 12:14 AM

995 posts, read 466,395 times

Advertisements

“Waltons” actress Ronnie Claire Edwards has died (CoraBeth Godsey)

Quote:
Ronnie Claire Edwards, a veteran actress who is best known for playing Corabeth Godsey on “The Waltons” has died. She was 83 years old.

The Oklahoma-born actress began performing in 1963, but her most noted work was during the 1970s. She appeared on several television shows in various roles until taking the part of Corabeth on “The Waltons” in 1975. She remained with the series until 1981, appearing in over 100 episodes. She also appeared in three “Waltons” made-for-TV movies in 1982.
“Waltons” actress Ronnie Claire Edwards has died | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 12:20 AM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,166,415 times
She was one of my favorites on the show. Now lets see if every station on TV talks about her for a week like they do the black people who die. I hope she at least gets an honorable mention. She was so dignified.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:33 PM

20,071 posts, read 13,779,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
She was one of my favorites on the show. Now lets see if every station on TV talks about her for a week like they do the black people who die. I hope she at least gets an honorable mention. She was so dignified.
^^^What the hell?!

What idiotic statement!

OP-
She was great in the role. I hate to hear she is gone. Most of the older cast members are gone now.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:49 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
^^^What the hell?!

What idiotic statement!

OP-
She was great in the role. I hate to hear she is gone. Most of the older cast members are gone now.
Have you heard her death mentioned on TV. I haven't. I made a true statement and I agree it is idiotic that so much is said about some but nothing is said about others who made more an impact in my life.

Old 06-19-2016, 11:32 AM

31,595 posts, read 12,726,364 times
I loved her character too, but did not expect her death to be mentioned on TV!

Old 06-19-2016, 05:35 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I loved her character too, but did not expect her death to be mentioned on TV!
I did. That series ran for years and is still syndicated. They make a big to-do about sports characters I have never heard of. I think any character who dies from that program should at least be mentioned. However I am a little tired of not being able to turn on the TV for a week without hearing about some of these people I would switch channels rather than have to endure them when they were alive. My daughter said one of the students in her building at East Carolina University loudly played Purple Rain for a solid month when she was in college. She learned to hate the song. I thought they were never going to stop talking about the man who made that record. And they are probably not finished yet. Next year it will start again. I am not into worshiping people but having respect enough to mention them is appropriate especially for such a highly rated program.

Last edited by NCN; 06-19-2016 at 05:49 PM..

Old 06-19-2016, 07:55 PM

65,206 posts, read 16,040,149 times
Quote:
I did. That series ran for years and is still syndicated. They make a big to-do about sports characters I have never heard of. I think any character who dies from that program should at least be mentioned. However I am a little tired of not being able to turn on the TV for a week without hearing about some of these people I would switch channels rather than have to endure them when they were alive. My daughter said one of the students in her building at East Carolina University loudly played Purple Rain for a solid month when she was in college. She learned to hate the song. I thought they were never going to stop talking about the man who made that record. And they are probably not finished yet. Next year it will start again. I am not into worshiping people but having respect enough to mention them is appropriate especially for such a highly rated program.
I did hear her name on the radio. But didn't know who they were refering to. I had to look at the Walton's cast and sort of remembered her.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:51 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
I did hear her name on the radio. But didn't know who they were refering to. I had to look at the Walton's cast and sort of remembered her.
I had to look her up too but except for on here I have heard nothing. Glad someone was on the ball. I have been to the store in Virginia. Looks just like on TV. I've been to the home of the Walton's and we really enjoyed the church because when we were visiting there the brother who is musical came inside the church for some reason. I am talking about the real brother and not the actor that played him.

It is in Nelson County on Highway 29 that we drive on sometimes to visit my daughter.

http://waltonmuseum.org/
When we visited the church was very nice. There were some ruins too up above the church we visited. Then we drove on and saw other things in the area and there were signs giving the history.
Schuyler is the real name of the mountain.
We also saw the sister's home which was really the wife and daughter of the doctor. Their home looked really nice. You know the two sister's who made the spirits. lol
We saw the actual town. Looking at the museum pictures, I wonder if we need to go back some day when we have enough time. We are usually trying to get to my daughter's before dark. It is usually anywhere from a 6 to 9 hour drive for us.

Last edited by NCN; 06-19-2016 at 10:16 PM..

Old 06-21-2016, 02:21 AM

5,928 posts, read 6,369,617 times
Quote:
Now that is plain ridiculous. First of all she was not one of the main characters on the show. Had it been John boy or the mother or another main actor who is more well known, the story would have received much more air time. It has nothing to do with race. I didnt recognize the name and had to see her picture to know who they were talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or