Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 12:26 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,982,074 times

Advertisements

Between him and Richard Long, I was often confusing them on the screen.

As it is, I have a number of his works in the library, the fav being "The Shuttered Room" (I was a very impressionable young teen).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 08:09 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Between him and Richard Long, I was often confusing them on the screen.

As it is, I have a number of his works in the library, the fav being "The Shuttered Room" (I was a very impressionable young teen).
Yes they did resemble one another... now theres another quite sad story.... Richards wife died only fourteen months after they married. lovely actress Suzan Ball... her last words when dying were Tony.... as she had been in a torrid affair with Antony Quinn before her marriage.... very sad as Richard was so lovely and handsome.. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0050476/bio

Old 06-30-2016, 05:36 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
loved him, he was great in They Shoot Horses Don't They and won the supporting actor Oscar. a sad ending for sure.

Old 07-02-2016, 06:05 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I always liked this actor, who seemed to always play character parts in movies, and was never the main male star.. I loved him in Young at Heart with Sinatra and Doris Day.. in That Touch of Mink with Cary Grant too.. but Ive started reading about him and didnt know he was once married to Eliz. Montgomery of Bewitched fame.. but he had other wives and shot and killed his last wife before turning the gun on himself.. which of course makes him a murderer although I dont remember anyone ever saying that.. this tells a lot about the man and his life... The Bizarre Death and Mysterious Burial of a Hollywood Oscar Winner | Nosey Parker

Yikes what a lousy life. I was never a Gig Young fan but he was very convincing in "They Shoot Horses, Don't They." And now I know why. He was pretty much playing himself.

Gosh, he had so many opportunities in life and he squashed all of them. I did learn more than one thing from that excellent link, Dizzy. I did not know Elizabeth Montgomery was Robert Montgomery's daughter. RM was a really good looking man. I remember him from TV shows in the 50s and 60s and his rather long relationship with Dinah Shore. Just think, Dinah could have been Gig Young's step-mother-in-law if Robert and Dinah had married. 8 degrees of separation and all that jazz. I truly love stuff like this. Thanks for the post and the link, dizzybint.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:30 PM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Yikes what a lousy life. I was never a Gig Young fan but he was very convincing in "They Shoot Horses, Don't They." And now I know why. He was pretty much playing himself.

Gosh, he had so many opportunities in life and he squashed all of them. I did learn more than one thing from that excellent link, Dizzy. I did not know Elizabeth Montgomery was Robert Montgomery's daughter. RM was a really good looking man. I remember him from TV shows in the 50s and 60s and his rather long relationship with Dinah Shore. Just think, Dinah could have been Gig Young's step-mother-in-law if Robert and Dinah had married. 8 degrees of separation and all that jazz. I truly love stuff like this. Thanks for the post and the link, dizzybint.
Welcome... was it Dinah Shore who also had an affair with Burt Reynolds.. Im not sure but seem to remember her name.. long ago..

Old 07-08-2016, 04:29 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Welcome... was it Dinah Shore who also had an affair with Burt Reynolds.. Im not sure but seem to remember her name.. long ago..
Yep..... Dinah and Burt were an item back in the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities