U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2016, 03:10 PM

30,411 posts, read 9,092,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Still gorgeous. She looks better than most women in their 80's, even some in their 70's.
Well that's certainly true. Especially if you consider poor Zsa Zsa Gabor, who'll be 100 early next year. She doesn't even know that her own daughter died last year (or that she even had one). She's bedridden and is frequently hospitalized, hopefully not for another amputation. The last pic I saw of her was truly sad.

For those who live that long, they should at least know it--like de Havilland.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 11:35 PM

22,241 posts, read 5,505,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Well that's certainly true. Especially if you consider poor Zsa Zsa Gabor, who'll be 100 early next year. She doesn't even know that her own daughter died last year (or that she even had one). She's bedridden and is frequently hospitalized, hopefully not for another amputation. The last pic I saw of her was truly sad.

For those who live that long, they should at least know it--like de Havilland.
Olivia is an example of how we all hope to be if we live to a great old age. Sadly, many end up like poor Zsa Zsa Gabor.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:49 PM

20,308 posts, read 37,797,930 times
One of her movies, The Snake Pit, is on TCM as I write this. The actress will be 101 years old on July 1st. Born in 1916, the same year as my Mother.

She seems to be the last one left of the golden age of Hollywood. All the ones I grew up watching are long gone and it's quite sad at times to think about. Even all the munchkins from the Wizard of Oz are gone...

Are there any others from the golden age still around?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:31 PM

22,241 posts, read 5,505,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
One of her movies, The Snake Pit, is on TCM as I write this. The actress will be 101 years old on July 1st. Born in 1916, the same year as my Mother.

She seems to be the last one left of the golden age of Hollywood. All the ones I grew up watching are long gone and it's quite sad at times to think about. Even all the munchkins from the Wizard of Oz are gone...

Are there any others from the golden age still around?
Kirk Douglas is still alive, but he is really a star of the 40s. Olivia is the last of the 30s Golden Age stars. She is of the same era as Clark Gable and Errol Flynn. Olivia's films are still very watchable, especially my favourite of hers, 'The Heiress.'

She is last woman standing, and that must bring her great sadness. I got to meet three golden age stars. James Stewart, Mickey Rooney, and Ingrid Bergman. I wish it could have been more. They are head and shoulders above anything we have today.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:21 AM

14,510 posts, read 11,489,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Who's she? Like the Selena Gomez of long time ago?
No bigger and better hahaha.

Old 06-26-2017, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Kirk Douglas is still alive, but he is really a star of the 40s. Olivia is the last of the 30s Golden Age stars. She is of the same era as Clark Gable and Errol Flynn. Olivia's films are still very watchable, especially my favourite of hers, 'The Heiress.'

She is last woman standing, and that must bring her great sadness. I got to meet three golden age stars. James Stewart, Mickey Rooney, and Ingrid Bergman. I wish it could have been more. They are head and shoulders above anything we have today.
Lucky you Dave, would love to have met Jimmy Stewart. very nice man... saw Mickey in his one man show.. fantastic and wish Id stayed behind to buy his CD.. but got rushed out by hubby... ...I watched the Heiress just recently and oh how I loved when she changed and told her aunt..............He came back here with the same lies. The same silly phrases. He has grown greedier with the years. The first time he only wanted my money. Now he wants my love, too. Well, he came to the wrong house. And he came twice. I shall see that he doesn’t come a third time. her facial expressions from sad to stern and intense then back again to a sad was electric.. wonderful actress and her acting at its best.. Olivia lives alone in Paris, and gives readings in the local church.. lovely woman..

Old 06-26-2017, 04:18 AM

I collect old movie magazines and this is a really old one with Jimmy Stewart you might like to see..

Old 06-26-2017, 04:30 PM

9,343 posts, read 8,738,980 times
Olivia de Havilland - one of my favorite actresses from the Golden Age of Hollywood. A true classy lady and exceptional actress.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:34 AM

20,344 posts, read 20,428,723 times
she made a hell of a good bomber used during the Great War.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:39 AM

20,897 posts, read 32,901,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
she made a hell of a good bomber used during the Great War.

She and Sir Geoffrey were actually cousins; their fathers were half-brothers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_de_Havilland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or