Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 07:31 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,812,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Who's she? Like the Selena Gomez of long time ago?

You might want to check out Gone with the Wind sometime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2016, 10:32 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Who's she? Like the Selena Gomez of long time ago?
LOL

How the heck did you make that comparison?

Old 07-10-2016, 07:11 AM

3,978 posts, read 4,572,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
You might want to check out Gone with the Wind sometime.
You might want to check out The Fundamentals of Caring sometime.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:12 AM

3,978 posts, read 4,572,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
LOL

How the heck did you make that comparison?

You know, pretty girl who knows how to act.

Old 07-10-2016, 10:00 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,508,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
She was great playing Melanie. I don't think any actress of the time, could have portrayed Scarlett better than Vivien Leigh.
I love the late Vivien Leigh, and so did me late sainted mother. She was so special...her beauty!

Old 07-10-2016, 10:07 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
I love the late Vivien Leigh, and so did me late sainted mother. She was so special...her beauty!
Vivien looks gorgeous, and her acting is so real, and quite modern in Gone With The Wind. Everybody around her is acting in typical Hollywood late 30s style, except her. She is magnificent, and is the greatest thing about the movie when watched today. IMO of course....

Old 07-10-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Vivien looks gorgeous, and her acting is so real, and quite modern in Gone With The Wind. Everybody around her is acting in typical Hollywood late 30s style, except her. She is magnificent, and is the greatest thing about the movie when watched today. IMO of course....
I agree with you. She had a certain charisma and was unique. I love her.

Did you ever get to watch Carol Burnett's old variety show in the UK?

She played Scarlett O'Hara in a spoof of "Gone With The Wind". My favourite scene is when "Scarlett"
descends the staircase, wearing her curtain-rod and dress - it's a hoot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aRMZ4ePmMM

Old 07-10-2016, 10:30 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
I agree with you. She had a certain charisma and was unique. I love her.

Did you ever get to watch Carol Burnett's old variety show in the UK?

She played Scarlett O'Hara in a spoof of "Gone With The Wind". My favourite scene is when "Scarlett"
descends the staircase, wearing her curtain-rod and dress - it's a hoot!
Sadly, Vivien had a decline physically in her later years, and died at only 53 years of age. But she left behind a couple of great acting performances. GWTW and A Streetcar Named Desire.

We never got Carol Burnett's show here in England. I don't know why....... we got practically everything else......

Old 07-10-2016, 10:39 AM

Didn't the late Vivien Leigh suffer from psychiatric issues, depression or perhaps she was bi-polar?

Of course, at the time, psychiatric disorders were covered up, weren't they?

Maybe her issues contributed to her special and deep way of portraying the characters that she did; that's always been my opinion, anyway.

You should check out the vid of Carol Burnett as "Scarlett".

I used to just adore British comedies. Back in the day, we had "Monty Python's Flying Circus".

I was a hen who liked to party with other hens (female teens) and roosters (male teenagers). My expressions for them. And I mean party, drugs and beer!

A couple of hen friends and I would leave the parties early on Monty Python nights, and hitchhike home to our houses to watch; we wouldn't have missed an episode of Python for anything.

Then there was Benny Hill.

And then later, Fawlty Towers and Mr. Bean!

So funny!

American comedies for the most part cannot touch the Brit ones. The only American comedies I like are the late Seinfeld and Frasier.

Even the Brit soap "Coronation Street" used to be loaded with humour. I haven't watched in a few years, but I used to roar at some of the characters and their interactions, such as Hilda and Stanley Ogden.

American soaps suck rocks.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:30 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,292,638 times
Still gorgeous. She looks better than most women in their 80's, even some in their 70's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities