U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 02:16 PM

14,531 posts, read 11,520,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkiforniainHouston View Post
Classic movies are my absolute favorites, but I do not like

Audrey Hepburn
Couldnt stand her accent but seems she was a lovely woman in many ways..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Greta Garbo
Marilyn Monroe

much ado about nothing from those 2
Greta looked stern and mannish, didnt like her at all..

Old 07-17-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby Checker View Post
And I am one of the many people who have never heard of Hanoi Jane
you must know the woman who should have been jailed for being a traitor,Jane Fonda.... what a horror of a woman.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:29 PM

2,956 posts, read 11,053,717 times
Rock Hudson - just terrible
Doris Day - ugh
Charlton Heston
Elizabeth Taylor - woman could screetch with the best, but she was no actress
Spencer Tracy - molasses in every movie he made
Tab Hunter
Joanne Woodward - so dull
Liza Minnelli - just annoying
Laurence Olivier
George C. Scott - wildly over-rated
William Holden - earnestly dull
Jerry Lewis
Debbie Renyolds
Burt Lancaster - wooden
Ann-Margret - always so meh

Old 07-17-2016, 07:32 PM

326 posts, read 115,287 times
Bette Davis - I have heard some behind the scenes stories about her and they make me dislike her a lot.

Old 07-18-2016, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby Checker View Post
Bette Davis - I have heard some behind the scenes stories about her and they make me dislike her a lot.
Bette was fantastic, an outspoken woman before her time.. Actors are a different species from us mere mortals.. they push and shove to get what and where the want.. disregarding the rest.. or most do...

I could never stand Edward G Robinson but now following some of his films Ive got to like him a lot..
Michael Caine... No matter which part he gets he always sounds the same to me..
Meryl Street..Cant stand this woman.. dont get the build up and praise she gets at all and dont think ive ever been able to watch a full film with her in it.. Someone said recently that acting is a religion to Meryl.. what utter tripe... I really cant go her. I also thought Marlon Brandos acting was mumbly and awful... another who was overrated big time. Some character actors could knock most of the biggies off the shelf.might do a new thread about the best ones ever.. if there isnt one...

Last edited by dizzybint; 07-18-2016 at 02:21 AM..

Old 07-18-2016, 08:29 AM

20,344 posts, read 20,462,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Bette was fantastic, an outspoken woman before her time.. Actors are a different species from us mere mortals.. they push and shove to get what and where the want.. disregarding the rest.. or most do...

I could never stand Edward G Robinson but now following some of his films Ive got to like him a lot..
Michael Caine... No matter which part he gets he always sounds the same to me..
Meryl Street..Cant stand this woman.. dont get the build up and praise she gets at all and dont think ive ever been able to watch a full film with her in it.. Someone said recently that acting is a religion to Meryl.. what utter tripe... I really cant go her. I also thought Marlon Brandos acting was mumbly and awful... another who was overrated big time. Some character actors could knock most of the biggies off the shelf.might do a new thread about the best ones ever.. if there isnt one...

Mary Rhodes?

Old 07-18-2016, 08:55 AM

2,109 posts, read 1,427,650 times
If I come across Jeffrey Chandler or Lana Turner in any movie, I can't turn it off fast enough. Maybe it's the B movies they were in, or maybe they made them B movies.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
If I come across Jeffrey Chandler or Lana Turner in any movie, I can't turn it off fast enough. Maybe it's the B movies they were in, or maybe they made them B movies.
Shock horror, B movies....hahaha.. Lana was of course a bit of a ham actress... did you know that Jeff wanted to donate one of his eyes to Sammy Davis Jr.. his friend when he lost an eye in a car accident... and he also died quite young after routine surgery... Jeff that is.

Old 07-18-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Mary Rhodes?
Who she?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or