U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 10:52 AM

22,337 posts, read 5,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Sorry, I thought the OP was asking more about current practices. Didn't know we were reaching back to Monroe, Eastwood and the Coreys.
My reaction when seeing the thread title, was the glory days of the casting couch......... I guess nowadays, it's the casting chaise Longue.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 10:56 AM

1,109 posts, read 764,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Sorry, I thought the OP was asking more about current practices. Didn't know we were reaching back to Monroe, Eastwood and the Coreys.
Some of us here are *cough* older members. I'm speaking for myself, and not anyone else.

I don't think that this casting couch phenomena is going anywhere soon.

Found a more recent article for you.

Ashley Judd Opens Up About Hollywood Sexism and Sexual Harassment

She may not be a mega-star, but this sort of thing still exists, that's for sure.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:31 PM

3,975 posts, read 3,151,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
Some of us here are *cough* older members. I'm speaking for myself, and not anyone else.

I don't think that this casting couch phenomena is going anywhere soon.

Found a more recent article for you.

Ashley Judd Opens Up About Hollywood Sexism and Sexual Harassment

She may not be a mega-star, but this sort of thing still exists, that's for sure.
She's not a mega-star? Have you seen Double Jeopardy? Pretty mega to me.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:38 PM

3,975 posts, read 3,151,500 times
There are tons of rumor about Jennifer Lawrence using casting couch to get mega gigs.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:54 AM

8,101 posts, read 3,927,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
She's not a mega-star? Have you seen Double Jeopardy? Pretty mega to me.
I think at her prime, she was a B star, maybe a B+. She was never A list like Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lawrence, etc. I wouldn't have considered her a mega star at the peak of her career, and now she just seems to be fading out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or