U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 03:50 AM

32,011 posts, read 17,280,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
This is about as country as Pee Wee Herman.

LOL! Good one, Jaxson. I think Steven Tyler played this song on American Idol.

We have stations here that advertise as HOT NEW COUNTRY. Sounds like a cross between rock and country. I am sure they will play it. I never cared for Garth Brooks back in the 80s when he first came out. Just never got into it.

My father played that old timey country coming out of a tiny speaker on an AM radio like Hank Williams Sr.

But I have to admit I liked a song or two by Blake Shelton and a few other contemporary musicians. Then I heard some country singers putting him down. I guess it's all up to personal tastes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 08:38 PM

18,102 posts, read 20,069,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
LOL! Good one, Jaxson. I think Steven Tyler played this song on American Idol.

We have stations here that advertise as HOT NEW COUNTRY. Sounds like a cross between rock and country. I am sure they will play it. I never cared for Garth Brooks back in the 80s when he first came out. Just never got into it.

My father played that old timey country coming out of a tiny speaker on an AM radio like Hank Williams Sr.

But I have to admit I liked a song or two by Blake Shelton and a few other contemporary musicians. Then I heard some country singers putting him down. I guess it's all up to personal tastes.
Hi ya red! I grew up on traditional country, rebelled & went to rock & roll during teen & young adult years, fell in love with R&B during my mid-adult years and then came back to this new hot country when my DD grew up to be a fan. I love all music (well not scream-o or opera I reckon ) but I really can't see this one from Steven winning any country awards. LOL

You're correct it all does come down to personal tastes. BTW was never an Idol fan so first I heard it was on that YT video from Today show.

Old 07-17-2016, 08:47 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,534,151 times
I think country sounded more "rock'ish" in the 90's with all the hard rockabilly and more effort to avoid twang, as though they were ashamed of it. At least modern country is more recognizable even in rock'ish-pop influence. While blues is what I'm really into, I started to embrace country in the last 2-3 years - used to hate it, especially in the 90's.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:39 AM

32,011 posts, read 17,280,245 times
Now if you REALLY want to hear some good music <redbird pulls pants way up high> Bluegrass is fantastic. Is that considered country? I loved Bluegrass from day one.

I wonder if Steven Tyler is going to try that?

Old 07-19-2016, 10:27 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,534,151 times
I bought Steven's cd and like it a lot. The songs are GOOD, and even the watered-down version of 'Janie's Got a Gun' has a whole different appeal. Some of the songs sound more country than others; in fact, the first 3 songs don't at all, but the country sound seeps in more with each subsequent song.

But what impressed me to find out is that he WROTE all but 3 of the songs.

I don't think most Aerosmith die-hards will follow him in this endeavor. But I do think a lot of country fans will like it, and I think it will be successful with a new following. I rather admire that he's taking the risk to do something a little different.

Last edited by Bluesmama; 07-19-2016 at 11:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or