U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2016, 09:50 PM

14,979 posts, read 8,543,320 times

Advertisements

Wow, remember her?

Even though she won great praise for her performance, she decided not to pursue acting and instead became a teacher.

Yet another thing that makes me feel old.

Thirty Years Later, Newt Remembers Filming Aliens | WIRED

Quote:
MORE THAN 30 YEARS ago, Carrie Henn was a 9-year-old living in London, where she’d just landed a big role in what would become one of the greatest sci-fi films of all time: James Cameron’s Aliens. In the 1986 smash, Henn starred as Newt, the soot-faced, wide-eyed orphan whose family has been wiped out by xenomorphs, and who develops a near-familial bond with Ripley, the creature-cratering heroine played by Sigourney Weaver. And if you thought that hanging around the set filled with multi-mouthed monsters (not to mention James Cameron) was scary for a young kid, you’re right—though, as it turns out, Hehn’s fears had nothing to do with her acid-drooling co-stars.

“I wasn’t nervous about being on set, because I knew everybody, and they were very friendly,” Henn said during a recent stop at the WIRED Cafe during Comic-Con International, where the film is celebrating its 30th anniversary. “The aliens were all my friends, wearing suits. I was actually most nervous about going to the cafeteria for lunch, because I had to go in-character as Newt, and I thought everybody would be staring at me. I didn’t have any concept that everybody else was going to be dressed up, too. My tutor actually gave me a big pair of sunglasses to wear when I went in. But it turned out not to be such a big thing.”
https://twitter.com/RealCarrieHenn?r...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 10:01 AM

20,071 posts, read 13,751,682 times
Thanks for making me feel older than dirt!

Old 07-27-2016, 07:22 AM

54,151 posts, read 38,236,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Thanks for making me feel older than dirt!

Feeling older than dirt is to have a better day than being dirt.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:25 PM

10,328 posts, read 12,417,631 times
This article mislead me. I thought it was about Newt Gingrich having video evidence of Aliens. Real ones.

great film series and article though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities