U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-24-2016, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,505 posts, read 11,481,746 times
Reputation: 20995

Advertisements

Some information about this man I didnt know..
http://www.biography.com/people/bud-abbott-20617237
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-25-2016, 11:10 AM
 
Location: The Jar
20,071 posts, read 13,747,950 times
Reputation: 36712
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Some information about this man I didnt know..
http://www.biography.com/people/bud-abbott-20617237
I have been reading about Lou. There is a lot of information in that book about Bud. Both were fascinating people!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2016, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Metro Washington DC
12,553 posts, read 18,926,430 times
Reputation: 7195
I grew up in the 70's watching them every week on TV. They were my favorites.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2016, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,505 posts, read 11,481,746 times
Reputation: 20995
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
I grew up in the 70's watching them every week on TV. They were my favorites.
I still giggle at Lou s antics all these years on.. He had a lot of heartache in his life as did Bud..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2016, 03:27 PM
 
18,242 posts, read 11,653,926 times
Reputation: 11860
Even as cartoons A&C could crack me up then and now:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2GfXxXUJy4
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2016, 03:29 PM
 
18,242 posts, read 11,653,926 times
Reputation: 11860
Great thing about A&C is that they could get laughs without being dirty, unlike today's so called "comics". Their "Who's On First ?" routine has not been equaled and still never fails to get laughs.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 02:08 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,505 posts, read 11,481,746 times
Reputation: 20995
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Great thing about A&C is that they could get laughs without being dirty, unlike today's so called "comics". Their "Who's On First ?" routine has not been equaled and still never fails to get laughs.
your exactly right Bugsy
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 07:17 AM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
54,145 posts, read 38,225,022 times
Reputation: 26638
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Great thing about A&C is that they could get laughs without being dirty, unlike today's so called "comics". Their "Who's On First ?" routine has not been equaled and still never fails to get laughs.
It continues to surprise me that no matter how many times you see "Who's on first?" it just never seems to get old.

Lou's daughter was on Johnny Carson once, her voice was eerily similar to his. She said they'd done some shows in England at one time and since baseball was pretty much unknown there they'd somehow converted WOF? to soccer and it was a great hit. If anyone knows of a recording/video of that being available please share, I'd love to hear/see it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,505 posts, read 11,481,746 times
Reputation: 20995
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It continues to surprise me that no matter how many times you see "Who's on first?" it just never seems to get old.

Lou's daughter was on Johnny Carson once, her voice was eerily similar to his. She said they'd done some shows in England at one time and since baseball was pretty much unknown there they'd somehow converted WOF? to soccer and it was a great hit. If anyone knows of a recording/video of that being available please share, I'd love to hear/see it.
Try on Chris s site.. Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce Ive spoke to he lady by emails and took photos of where her mother Anne Battler lived , went to church and where her grandparents were married in the Langside area of Glasgow.. Chris visited Scotland twice, once as a child and a few years ago... Memories: the Hollywood star who made Scottish children laugh during his visit (From Evening Times) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO2Vt7ditok https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jOthJPq_eM
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2016, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,505 posts, read 11,481,746 times
Reputation: 20995
Wonder if anyone knows about this..Lou s
second daughter Carole was married to Dean Martin's oldest son Craig ..
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top