U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2016, 03:14 PM

7,950 posts, read 3,862,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
maybe your right but Ive never seen any Italian who looks remotely like him , he looks more Irish to me .. oh Ill get pelters for this one hahaha
Just because you haven't seen fair Italians, that doesn't mean they don't exist. It just means you haven't seen them. Or you've seen them and didn't know they were Italian. You've seen some Italians in Scotland and you've apparently been to Italy once. Doesn't really give you a broad range of exposure.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 08:47 PM
Status: "I can learn to admire w/o having to aquire." (set 3 days ago)

Location: Where the last of the "Big 3" has retired. Spurs country.
3,022 posts, read 3,609,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
He had cosmetic surgery. This is his "before" pic:
I know, I know! Chico Marx?

Old 07-28-2016, 12:31 AM

14,482 posts, read 11,474,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Just because you haven't seen fair Italians, that doesn't mean they don't exist. It just means you haven't seen them. Or you've seen them and didn't know they were Italian. You've seen some Italians in Scotland and you've apparently been to Italy once. Doesn't really give you a broad range of exposure.
No No I didnt say that.... I just wondered if anyone thought Frank looked Italian as its usually easy to spot and Italian person.. some Ive seen photos of have hazel eyes.. like Sophia Loren.. but I just cant find many full Italians with blue eyes like Sinatra had... in fact I dont see anything at all about his features Italian.. i had wanted to see other Italians with his sort of looks . Ive seen a lot of Italians in Glasgow and went to school with them too.. It was Sinatra I wanted to talk about more... and wondered if others didnt see him in any way looking Italian.. thats all.

Last edited by dizzybint; 07-28-2016 at 12:44 AM..

Old 07-28-2016, 03:24 AM

5,165 posts, read 2,389,556 times
Well, I'll just chime in here to say that, during my travels in Italy, I saw many Italians, both genders, with blue or green eyes, fair skin, & brown, red & blond hair, in addition to the stereotypical Italian look of darker hair, eyes, skin. I found ALL Italians to be very attractive people. especially the men!

Old 07-28-2016, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Well, I'll just chime in here to say that, during my travels in Italy, I saw many Italians, both genders, with blue or green eyes, fair skin, & brown, red & blond hair, in addition to the stereotypical Italian look of darker hair, eyes, skin. I found ALL Italians to be very attractive people. especially the men!
yes I agree Marcia, what I had originally said though was that I didnt see Sinatra looking Italian and wondered if others thought the same.. but I see your point...While reading about his parents I found this.. I had mentioned earlier that I saw Frank more Irish looking..hahaha then saw this.. his dad used this name while boxing.. http://boxrec.com/boxer/170618 and another piece of his family trivia.his father.

Sinatra continued his boxing career, until he broke his wrists after 30 professional fights. He then attempted to find marine work, but was rejected due to asthma. Dolly helped him find work as a fireman, and he was eventually appointed to the Hoboken Fire Department in 1927, where he attained the rank of Captain without having to take any formal exams.
While still a Captain in the fire department, Sinatra and his wife opened a tavern, called Marty O'Brien's. With sufficient income, the family of three moved to a three-bedroom apartment, only a few blocks away from Monroe Street, but well out of Little Italy, at 703 Park Avenue. I wonder if this is still the same pub he owned Marty OBriens. https://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/marty-o-briens-hoboken-2

Last edited by dizzybint; 07-28-2016 at 03:50 AM..

Old 07-28-2016, 06:02 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,562,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Obviously, you've never been to an Italian wedding.
This, and the "Northern Italian genetics" comment are among the oddest things I've read on this board.
Nothing odd about it. Italians are a diverse group - there's a web site "Quora" (need to login
in) which discusses: Why would two genuine Italians with no other mixture of other nationalities
differ so greatly in appearance that one is pale white, blonde and with blue eyes; the other one is
darker...(eyes, dark hair and skin)" It includes this map:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...000_AD.svg.png

Blonde hair
Blond Hair Italy

In short, hertfordshire also explains it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Because Northern Italy has more Germanic influence than Southern Italy (which is more Mediterranean). His mother's side of the family was from Genoa...
btw, SO is Italian so thank you for bringing up Italian weddings (been to several) - good times.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:05 AM

Thanks for all the info...

Old 07-28-2016, 01:48 PM

14,960 posts, read 8,529,518 times
I heard the movie "True Romance" had a non P.C. explanation for the diversity in looks among Italians.

Old 07-28-2016, 02:38 PM

Ive had a look through all the better known celebs who have Italian ancestry or are full Italians and you can see a resemblance in most.. not all I admit... but Sinatra doesnt look like any and he s full Italian from both parents..I would like to find someone from Italy who looks or resembles him...

Old 07-28-2016, 02:41 PM

3,687 posts, read 3,922,089 times
My grandparents, dad's side, were both born and raised in Italy...Northern Italy in a small town north of Turin. Both had dark hair and the bluest eyes. So...my dad and uncle also had very dark hair and very blue eyes. While there skin is pale, they really do tan very easily. In fact, looking at the rest of my cousins (my dad's uncles and cousins that is), they also all had blue eyes. I never thought anything about it until later, as I grew up, I saw other Italians with southern heritage.

I don't know if Frank looked Italian or not, but I think so to a degree...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or