Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 03:02 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,753,885 times

Advertisements

It's true, a lot of Italians have that typical "ethnic" look to them. People don't typically associate light hair and light eyes with "Italian". In fact, if Sinatra were still alive today and if he wasn't famous, I would have thought that he was just some typical WASP white man.

However, some Italians do have have light features. For example, this Italian model:
http://fullhdpictures.com/wp-content...anca-Balti.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 03:16 PM

18,525 posts, read 18,729,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
It's true, a lot of Italians have that typical "ethnic" look to them. People don't typically associate light hair and light eyes with "Italian". In fact, if Sinatra were still alive today and if he wasn't famous, I would have thought that he was just some typical WASP white man.

However, some Italians do have have light features. For example, this Italian model:
http://fullhdpictures.com/wp-content...anca-Balti.jpg
thanks thats exactly what I wanted to hear.... the fact that no one would ever have thought he was from Italian heritage.. but yes Ive seen some much lighter haired Italians, some actually quite light auburn and lighter eyes... Pacino , Stallone. Dean Martin. Lou Costello , Garcia. De Niro. Tony Danza,,John Saxon and many more all have a look... and we know they might be Italian.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:28 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
yes I agree Marcia, what I had originally said though was that I didnt see Sinatra looking Italian and wondered if others thought the same.. but I see your point...While reading about his parents I found this.. I had mentioned earlier that I saw Frank more Irish looking..hahaha then saw this.. his dad used this name while boxing.. http://boxrec.com/boxer/170618 and another piece of his family trivia.his father.

Sinatra continued his boxing career, until he broke his wrists after 30 professional fights. He then attempted to find marine work, but was rejected due to asthma. Dolly helped him find work as a fireman, and he was eventually appointed to the Hoboken Fire Department in 1927, where he attained the rank of Captain without having to take any formal exams.
While still a Captain in the fire department, Sinatra and his wife opened a tavern, called Marty O'Brien's. With sufficient income, the family of three moved to a three-bedroom apartment, only a few blocks away from Monroe Street, but well out of Little Italy, at 703 Park Avenue. I wonder if this is still the same pub he owned Marty OBriens. https://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/marty-o-briens-hoboken-2
On a side note dizzy, my wife and I have visited Monroe Street in Hoboken. The house Frank was born in isn't there anymore. The site has a little museum dedicated to Frank on it. Out front, there is a plaque in the sidewalk stating Frank was born here, and his date of birth and death.

It is very atmospheric there, as most of the buildings are very old, and the impression we got was things hadn't changed that much since Frank's time.

Old 07-29-2016, 10:04 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,729,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
On a side note dizzy, my wife and I have visited Monroe Street in Hoboken. The house Frank was born in isn't there anymore. The site has a little museum dedicated to Frank on it. Out front, there is a plaque in the sidewalk stating Frank was born here, and his date of birth and death.

It is very atmospheric there, as most of the buildings are very old, and the impression we got was things hadn't changed that much since Frank's time.
oh thats wonderful.. would love to go..any photos Dave, Ive visited where Stan Laurel was born..someone lives there now but they allow fans in.which is nice..just an ordinary terrace house..in Ulverston... the local cinema is the museum for Laurel and Hardy now but still shows pictures .. but its a bit embarrassing to be honest and needs money to have the things they have exhibited much better.. they do have some great old memorablia including the bed used by stan and ollie in the films..Stans homes here in Glasgow and Rutherglen are only a ten minute drive from my house.. he lived in three houses here.. and his mother is buried in Cathcart graveyard in Glasgow.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:58 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,220,652 times
Frank Sinatra's beginnings started in Chicago. In 1942 my aunt went to see him at the Chicago
Theatre.
Ravinia Backstage: - All Posts - Frank Sinatra Set The Standard In "His Kind of*Town"

Where he liked to eat:
Eat (and Drink) Your Way Through Sinatra's Chicago | Travel | Smithsonian
He also liked Italian Village (downtown) and Slicker Sams (out of business).

Previous post of blonde Italians:
Blond Hair Italy

Also Andy Garcia is Cuban.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:48 PM

3,066 posts, read 1,678,680 times
Not all Italians have dark eyes and black hair. Besides, Frank was Sicilian. And while Sicilians do tend to have swarthy looks, some do have coloring like Frank's. I think it's because Sicily had a lot of French settlement.

I grew up in a community that had a lot of Italians and, believe me, many have blue eyes and fairer skin.

Old 08-11-2016, 09:59 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,468,853 times
http://www.doctormacro.com/Images/Si...20Frank_04.jpg

He looks Italian here.

And reminds me of Italian actor Francesco Testi.

http://www.tvshowsmanager.com/immagi...ori/378750.jpg

https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/pho...i/10388330.jpg

Ladies, he is in a Spanish tv program 'Velvet'...sigh!

Last edited by tangelag; 08-11-2016 at 10:23 PM..

Old 08-11-2016, 10:17 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Well, he doesn't look stereotypically Italian, but Italians are a varied bunch.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:04 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,754,600 times
He was born in the US so the odds are his father could have not been Italian. Either way, he is probably one of the most overrated singers of all time.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:57 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,484,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
He was born in the US so the odds are his father could have not been Italian. Either way, he is probably one of the most overrated singers of all time.
His father was from Sicily; his mother from Genoa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities