U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-04-2016, 05:19 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
33,949 posts, read 32,397,399 times
Reputation: 49901

Advertisements

Matthew Broderick killed people, too. Two of them.

"On August 5, 1987, while driving a rented BMW in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland, Broderick crossed into the wrong lane and collided head-on with a Volvo driven by Anna Gallagher, 28, accompanied by her mother, Margaret Doherty, 63, killing both instantly. Broderick was vacationing with Jennifer Grey, whom he had begun dating in semi-secrecy during the filming of Ferris Bueller's Day Off; the crash publicly revealed their relationship. Broderick suffered a fractured leg, fractured ribs, a concussion, and a collapsed lung. Grey received minor injuries, including severe whiplash. Broderick told authorities he had no recollection of the crash and did not know why he was in the wrong lane."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Broderick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-04-2016, 08:21 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,517 posts, read 11,501,142 times
Reputation: 21008
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Matthew Broderick killed people, too. Two of them.

"On August 5, 1987, while driving a rented BMW in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland, Broderick crossed into the wrong lane and collided head-on with a Volvo driven by Anna Gallagher, 28, accompanied by her mother, Margaret Doherty, 63, killing both instantly. Broderick was vacationing with Jennifer Grey, whom he had begun dating in semi-secrecy during the filming of Ferris Bueller's Day Off; the crash publicly revealed their relationship. Broderick suffered a fractured leg, fractured ribs, a concussion, and a collapsed lung. Grey received minor injuries, including severe whiplash. Broderick told authorities he had no recollection of the crash and did not know why he was in the wrong lane."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Broderick
Yes Id read about this tragic accident but at least it wasnt caused through alcohol although still sad for the two women involved and killed through negligence by Broderick..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2016, 08:37 AM
 
6,209 posts, read 6,585,738 times
Reputation: 3091
Being an American, driving in Ireland, its possible to get your wires crossed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2016, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
14,517 posts, read 11,501,142 times
Reputation: 21008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Being an American, driving in Ireland, its possible to get your wires crossed.
Ive just been informed that Broderick was also drinking when the crash happened, how did he walk away..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2016, 02:57 PM
 
6,209 posts, read 6,585,738 times
Reputation: 3091
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Ive just been informed that Broderick was also drinking when the crash happened, how did he walk away..
Well money certainly helps with walking away, lots of money. Certainly drinking is a sure way to get your wires crossed. If one is used to driving on the right side, especially forever, one needs to really concentrate, absolutely no distractions like drinking, texting and cellphoning, arguing with a mate, or leaving a roundabout in those nations where the lanes are reversed from one's experiences lie. Personally I'd be a bit nervous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2016, 03:08 PM
 
Location: So. of Rosarito, Baja, Mexico
6,571 posts, read 17,962,548 times
Reputation: 5919
William Holden lived down the street from my parents in Palm Springs Calif back in the mid 1960
s. Jerry Lewis the comedian also had a weekend house across the street. Dad was out in the front yard and Jerry drove off in his RR staring at dad who had waved a hand.

Always liked Holden in his movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2016, 03:14 PM
 
6,209 posts, read 6,585,738 times
Reputation: 3091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
William Holden lived down the street from my parents in Palm Springs Calif back in the mid 1960
s. Jerry Lewis the comedian also had a weekend house across the street. Dad was out in the front yard and Jerry drove off in his RR staring at dad who had waved a hand.

Always liked Holden in his movies.
Perhaps your father should have pulled a goofy, bucktoothed nutty professor look on his face and flashed the middle finger, your father may have gotten a better response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top