U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 06:38 AM

4,878 posts, read 4,581,871 times

Advertisements

^^^Yes, I am well aware about Desi Arnaz. Desi had a privileged childhood and was going to
attend the University of Notre Dame (law). However, his family were victims of the Batista uprising
and Desi (with his mother) fled to Miami (his father was imprisoned).
But this thread is about Lucy.
In the 1950's she was the first female vice president and after their divorce the first president
of a production company "Desilu." She also had to fight the network and the sponsor to have
Desi play her husband on the show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 07:04 AM

10,545 posts, read 4,141,120 times
As a huge Lucy fan, I think the new statue is wonderful and quite appropriate. I've watched several old interviews with her discussing I Love Lucy. She never gave herself much credit at all for the show being a huge success. Instead she gave nearly all the credit to Desi, the shows writers and to her co-stars. The only credit she would give herself was to say she was brave for doing some of those skits. She always minimized greatly her talent and her role in that show.
She's one person I've always admired greatly.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:08 AM

22,363 posts, read 5,535,197 times
Lucy made the world laugh, and I remember her fondly.

Old 10-10-2016, 01:49 PM

24,676 posts, read 40,256,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
As a huge Lucy fan, I think the new statue is wonderful and quite appropriate. I've watched several old interviews with her discussing I Love Lucy. She never gave herself much credit at all for the show being a huge success. Instead she gave nearly all the credit to Desi, the shows writers and to her co-stars. The only credit she would give herself was to say she was brave for doing some of those skits. She always minimized greatly her talent and her role in that show.
She's one person I've always admired greatly.
That is the sign of a great lady. Jay

Old 10-12-2016, 04:32 PM

3,033 posts, read 2,876,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
It is way better. That first one is hilariously bad, and I am not sure how the person who made it not being able to see how their work came out looking like one of the nightmares from Silent Hill.
Yes, this is much much better! Not perfect... but pretty darn good especially in comparison to the first one. Dang, I would NEVER have recognized that face at Lucy!!

OBTW...
Lucille Ball Statue: Sculptor Apologizes, Offers to Fix It for Free | Hollywood Reporter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities