Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 04:33 PM

579 posts, read 551,923 times

Advertisements

This family is STILL all over the news, and they are all so incredibly fake and BORING! I'm so sick of seeing them.. their annoying mugs and bland personas put on display all over the Internet, their fake looks, their ugly "fashion" sense

I also find it sad how many plastic surgery procedures they all have gone through..They are just such a bad "beauty" example for young women.. Their beauty is so fake and manufactured. The media should be teaching young women to enhance their natural beauty- not get multiple facial and body procedures..
Ok, rant over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 04:48 PM

22,326 posts, read 47,280,769 times
The only reason they are still all over the place is because many people actually care about them.
I don't get it, but there it is.

People watch the show.
They read the blogs.
They shop the store.
They buy the endorsed products.
etc.
etc.

Until that stops, you will continue to see their brand of entertainment.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:51 PM

579 posts, read 551,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
The only reason they are still all over the place is because many people actually care about them.

People watch the show.
They read the blogs.
They shop the store.
etc.
etc.

You have to admit it's pretty strange how long they've stayed in the public eye and that they're regarded as fashion icons. I think it's time for a new fresh famous family to take over. LOL.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:52 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,341,454 times
Something will replace the Kardashian mania at some point... something even more melodramatic, larger than life, more lurid, more scandalous... I can't imagine what, but to everything there is a season, and someday you'll be looking back at the Kardashians with a sense of nostalgia. I'm serious, even though you're telling yourself it couldn't possibly be true!....

Old 09-08-2016, 04:57 PM

50,088 posts, read 63,455,214 times
Kardashians, Real Housewives, Gypsy whatever, Little People, Fat People, Duggars... You cannot go wrong pandering to the lowest common denomenator. As soon as it stops making money, it will go away.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:47 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,881,667 times
They don't bother me because I don't bother to look. I just glance past to whatever it is I'm looking for.

I like some pretty idiotic things so I'm probably nobody to judge the next person for being all caught up in this particular phenomenon.

Old 09-08-2016, 06:46 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,167,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
They don't bother me because I don't bother to look. I just glance past to whatever it is I'm looking for.

I like some pretty idiotic things so I'm probably nobody to judge the next person for being all caught up in this particular phenomenon.
This. The stuff I am interested in could be seen as pathetic, lame, stupid, or time-wasting. But I still like it. Far as the Kards, I don't pay any mind to them. In fact, I wouldn't even know what they were if my mother hadn't mentioned Kim K. and they weren't mentioned here now and again.

I don't really know what's popular now. I am stuck in time. Like new sitcoms. I don't watch Big Bang Theory. And it doesn't look good, from what little I see of it on youtube. I am still on shows like Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, Martin, or Gilligan's Island.

I wasn't familiar with Chaning Tatum until this forum. Looked him up, and wasn't impressed with what I saw. But apparently, more women find him hot, than not. I prefer Sam Neil or Patrick Warburton, myself.

Old 09-08-2016, 06:57 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,295,095 times
Quote:

People watch the show.
They read the blogs.
They shop the store.
etc.
etc.

I can actually say I have not done any of those things. As for the show the only time I watched it is if I'm flipping through channels, but now with a scrolling guide I just go past it. i refuse to watch that show

Old 09-08-2016, 07:22 PM

14,612 posts, read 17,355,352 times
Quote:
People watch the show.
They read the blogs.
They shop the store.
etc.
etc.
Way back in the day when computers were the size of rooms, there was a lot of fantasizing about what the digital age would bring. And here it is.

The people who rhapsodized about the spread of knowledge didn't realize that the easiest information to spread is plain old fashioned coveting your neighbor's stuff. While the population growth of the world peaked (by percentage) around 1962, most of the world didn't even have access to television, and would think it would be wonderful to live at the American poverty level. Now we have billions of people who are entranced by people who live far above the American poverty level, that they all want to live at unreal levels of consumption.

Last year there were 17.4 million cars and light trucks sold in the USA or maybe a ratio of one vehicle for 18 people. In India they sold one vehicle for every 450 people, and most of those vehicles couldn't even be sold in the USA as they don't have the safety features.
See New GenX Nano with Easy Shift (AMT) - Latest Compact Hatchback in India

So if we tell Indians that dreams of selling little tiny Toyota Etios in India at the ratio of 1 car per 18 people will devastate the world's ecology (Toyota Etios) they say they see Kardashians driving BMWs and Mercedes, so why shouldn't they be able to have compact cars at the same ratio as Americans.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:47 PM

862 posts, read 1,189,371 times
Quote:

People watch the show.
They read the blogs.
They shop the store.
etc.
etc.

It's been more/less this way for generations long before the Kardashians were ever born. My aunt told me recently that if you think the Kardashians are bad with all the press and other things such as their so-called fashion stuff she can remember a time back in the 50s when just about everything from the press to other things that was all about I Love Lucy. OK this may be a bad example since Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz actually had talent but she was telling about the things she can remember seeing in stores at the time such as I Love Lucy comic books, Little Ricky toy dolls, Lucy & Ricky matching pajamas ( you too can sleep like the Ricardos ) Lucille Ball lipstick, even cartons of cigarettes with Lucy & Ricky on the box ( you too can smoke like the Ricardos ), she can even recall seeing a huge poster on the wall in a store with Desi Arnaz smoking a cigarette and in giant words "STRAIGHT FROM I LOVE LUCY ..PICK UP DESI"S BABALU IN OUR RECORD DEPARTMENT".

I myself can remember back in the 70s when Lisa Marie Presley was the envy of so many kids at my school since her rich daddy was Elvis !! Of course once Elvis had died I don't think anyone wanted to be like Lisa Marie any longer. Nah this kind of thing isn't new. The Kardashians will fade away one day only to replaced by something similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities