U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 02:17 PM

10,312 posts, read 9,439,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Jolie is vicious - this will get nasty.
Is she as nasty as Madonna? Terrible thing to put kids in the middle of domestic problems. They rarely get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 02:18 PM

12,480 posts, read 14,367,991 times
I too expect Jolie will be ferocious and vicious in this.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:36 PM

2,753 posts, read 1,738,389 times
I remember when Jolie first became a celebrity. Always appeared with her brother at award shows. They looked weird. Brother been out of the picture for years.

James Haven

Like his sister, Haven was estranged from their father for several years, during which he legally dropped "Voight" as his surname. In the wake of his mother's death from ovarian cancer on January 27, 2007,[9] he reconciled with his father after a six-year estrangement.

Here is Angelina's history: As a teenager, Jolie found it difficult to emotionally connect with other people, and as a result she self-harmed, later commenting, "For some reason, the ritual of having cut myself and feeling the pain, maybe feeling alive, feeling some kind of release, it was somehow therapeutic to me."[18] She also struggled with insomnia and an eating disorder, and began experimenting with drugs; by age 20, she had used "just about every drug possible," particularly heroin. Jolie suffered episodes of depression and twice planned to commit suicide—at age 19 and again at 22, when she attempted to hire a hitman to kill her. When she was 24, she experienced a nervous breakdown and was admitted for 72 hours to UCLA Medical Center's psychiatric ward.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:39 PM

13,144 posts, read 7,393,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Not surprised by this. I was just a kid when it happened but I remember seeing the cover of one of those rag magazines at the grocery store with Debbie Reynolds, Eddie Fisher and Elizabeth Taylor's face on it. Same story, different people. History repeats itself. Hope the kids will be okay.
I am. I'm shocked really. I'm quite the skeptic when it comes to love between the stars, but of all celebrity marriages, I really believed this one would work out. I think getting married doomed them. They should have continued living in sin. It seemed to work better for them.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:43 PM

4,306 posts, read 2,240,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Oh, he was gorgeous circa 1994 when he did "Legends of the Fall."
Nah, he's just not my type.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:52 PM

6,881 posts, read 7,082,023 times
Here's a toast to Jennifer -- I bet she is giddy with joy over this

Old 09-20-2016, 03:47 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,635,810 times
I don't know either of them but Pitt seems like a more reasonable level headed person that despite his wealth and stardom would be easier to get along with.

Jolie seems more out there, more space case...more Hollyweird. It would not surprise me if she caught him cheating. Women throw it at him all the time. She probably stopped being caring or intimate with him a long time ago.

Old 09-20-2016, 03:53 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,177,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That sentence always cracks me up. "Celebrity XYZ asks that he/she be given privacy during this difficult time." They can't have it both ways. If they truly want to keep their private lives private, they chose the wrong career.
I'm guessing this has been discussed to death in here, but why?

like you said, its her CAREER.

If you know someone who is a;
baker, do you expect them to cook you dinners?
doctor, to give you free advice.

Just because you watch them working while you are in your home, why do you feel you have the right to be involved in theirs?

Old 09-20-2016, 04:04 PM

10,312 posts, read 9,439,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I am. I'm shocked really. I'm quite the skeptic when it comes to love between the stars, but of all celebrity marriages, I really believed this one would work out. I think getting married doomed them. They should have continued living in sin. It seemed to work better for them.
At least financially it would. Joking aside, the fact that they married wasn't the root of the problem. For whatever reason, and if it was due to infidelity, that hurts even if you're not a celebrity. And if it wasn't about the infidelity and more about the parenting, that could be huge. As someone else mentioned here, Jolie is more lenient with certain things whereas Pitt has his ideas about what's right. I was surprised to learn that couples fight quite a bit about parenting styles.

Old 09-20-2016, 04:18 PM

11,686 posts, read 13,078,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Has this already been posted? Can't say I'm completely surprised but I'm a little surprised.

Angelina Jolie Files for Divorce From Brad Pitt - Us Weekly
Oh weep, oh mourn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or