Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 01:20 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
She had her breasts reconstructed immediately, so you don't know what you're talking about.

Her mother died of breast cancer and she had the gene that causes it. Any "man" who would leave their partner over a mastectomy isn't much of a man.
Most men are superficial, not deliberately, but still...
I am not defending that, just my observation. And celebrities even more so. In their world there is so much emphasis on perfection and illusion...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2016, 10:06 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post

Most men are superficial, not deliberately, but still...
I am not defending that, just my observation. And celebrities even more so. In their world there is so much emphasis on perfection and illusion...
There are far more men who have stood by their wives.

Angelina's surgery was the type that keeps the nipple, so you can't even tell there was a reconstruction. This has become quite common, especially since a law was passed that insurance has to pay for reconstruction.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post

I can't blame one anymore than the other. They were in this together. I do think she could have done this behind the scenes and dissolved things certainly more quietly than this circus.
I have two minds about how it was handled.

One the one hand, I haven't been around a lot of alcoholics, but I do know one. The one I know, was annoying as hell when they were drunk, but I could deal. After years of knowing them, they had a couple of episodes where I was scared by how crazy they got. When something like that happens, what was barely tolerable becomes completely intolerable and too dangerous to be around. If you were harboring any thoughts of dealing with them, once they go nuts, it becomes the last straw.

If I was in a marriage with children involved, I'd exit stage left after being subjected to such behavior. I would not allow my children to live in fear.

The witness said that Brad and Angie were arguing and the oldest son stepped in between them. Brad went off the rails and was still off the rails when the plane landed. That's scary.

On the other hand, it does seem like this didn't need to be quite so public, but consider that we don't know WHO reported Brad's behavior to the authorities. There were several witnesses on the plane and at the airport. The other thing is that if Angie was really scared for what Brad might do to the kids in the future, she might have felt safer by filing immediately. If she didn't file immediately and something else happened, people might point fingers at her and ask why she never said or did anything about it before.

I don't think anyone wins when things go this wrong. I sincerely hope that Brad gets some help. It's very sad for all of them.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:34 PM

George Clooney, one of Brad's best friends, didn't know. His reaction was rather painful to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-kL8OexVdI

Old 09-23-2016, 10:51 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
I think they're probably both nut jobs and living in a world that's weirder than any of us can imagine - and I feel really, really sorry for their kids.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:00 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,232,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
George Clooney, one of Brad's best friends, didn't know. His reaction was rather painful to watch.
yeah, that was kind of sad. hearing about your good friend who is in a bad time of their life, and hearing about it for the first time right there while being interviewed on tv while walking into an event. i imagine he walked away just feeling awful.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:53 PM

142 posts, read 222,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Ok, I'll play. Who was expecting a different outcome than this, really?

AJ has managed to get herself a reputation as a champion of humanitarian causes, after her youthful antics, like wearing the blood of Billy Bob in a vial around her neck. She has treated her breast cancer with brave dignity. Bottom line, I believe she is the person she seems to have become (as opposed to just acting like it).

It is a shame that Brad Pitt cannot be satisfied with a beautiful and accomplished woman who bore his children (the Tiger Woods syndrome), but she certainly doesn't need him after a betrayal like this.
Jolie filed for divorce, not Pitt. Maybe Pitt was perfectly content with finally being settled, but Jolie wasn’t. We know that the affair rumours are false because his costar flat out denied it and then the media went silent on that issue and moved on to the FBI allegations. Also, I thought the whole rumour was ridiculous.

Anyway, I especially feel for Maddox if he indeed (as the rumours go) tried to defend his mom during some fight and got into whatever it was with his dad as a result. If the divorce is due to his mom trying to protect him, then he’s going to have really difficult feelings and loads of guilt about it as he seems to get along with his dad as well, even if his loyalties are first and foremost, his mom. Brad seemed close with the boys, at least in appearances. Then again, the divorce could have little to do with that incident, and just a symptom that Jolie and Pitt were escalating intense arguments.

Last edited by savvysearch; 09-24-2016 at 12:11 AM..

Old 09-24-2016, 12:01 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,232,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savvysearch View Post
I don’t get this. Jolie filed for divorce, not Pitt. Maybe Pitt was perfectly content with finally being settled, but Jolie wasn’t. We know that the affair rumours are false because his costar flat out denied it and then the media went silent on that issue and moved on to the FBI allegations.
obviously we all have no idea what has been really going on in their home.

but i can say that when i got divorced, i was the one who wanted out. he did not want to get divorced and he really did beg me to not leave. we talked and things went on for months, but i was done though and it was a hard decision to finally make but i was certain. my dad was dying at the time and filing for divorce was not first thing on my mind. and having a young kid and all the emotions going on during that time. it was hard. filing was just not on my mind.

well, before i got a chance to file, he went down to the courthouse and filed first. i guess it made him feel better to be the one to file. he did the same thing with his first wife. she wanted a divorce, he told me that he didn't want to divorce her either. but same thing, she was the one who wanted the divorce but he was the one who went and filed first.

sometimes it's mutual and one person just makes it to the courthouse first. so just because she filed doesn't mean that it wasn't mutual or that he wasn't the one who actually wanted the divorce. we really just don't know.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:47 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,920,292 times
W/O going thru all the posts, she had both breasts removed due to a specific Cancer that some women have from heredity.

My late mother had that done when one lump was found malignant and while doing surgery both were removed and it was a huge shock after she came too in ICU.

The same procedure has been done to many women I'm sorry to say.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:08 AM

941 posts, read 1,914,074 times
The ONLY good thing to come out of this is I am now hearing less about the elections. Can't put the tv or internet on without Brad and Angelina everywhere! Didn't know how much both had really aged until seeing collages of them all over.

Poor Jennifer though. They just won't leave her alone, but those memes of her are pretty hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities