U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 09:18 PM

14,294 posts, read 20,544,645 times

Advertisements

He was also just in the movie "The Longest Ride"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 06:00 AM

8,880 posts, read 15,628,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
He was also just in the movie "The Longest Ride"
I don't think that movies based on Nicholas Sparks books count.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:23 AM

3,687 posts, read 3,922,877 times
He played a nozzle in The Tower (a Ben Stiller movie)...hahaha...he's awesome. He really can convince the audience no matter what role he takes on!

Old 09-28-2016, 11:32 AM

4,931 posts, read 4,642,033 times
I need to see "The Glass House" so I can see him being menaced by Vic Morrow.

The Glass House (TV Movie 1972) - IMDb

Old 09-30-2016, 01:59 AM

15,564 posts, read 9,588,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
I don't think that movies based on Nicholas Sparks books count.
why not?

a good actor can play any type of character.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:02 AM

1,110 posts, read 857,862 times
He's one of the best on this planet.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:10 AM

7,966 posts, read 3,869,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
He played a sadistic man in this one, too.
And he played a Republican Presidential candidate on The West Wing, which is pretty much the same thing.

(Bracing for the people who take jokes too seriously ... )

Last edited by Beretta; 10-09-2016 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: fixed issue

Old 10-04-2016, 08:36 PM

24,576 posts, read 40,130,038 times
Never liked Alan Alda. I always thought he ruined MASH by turning it into an anti war preaching show instead of the comedy it originally was. He is also not a very nice person. A family member worked on a national talk show and said he was the rudest guest they ever met on the show. He refused to any of the support staff including makeup, wardrobe and hairdressing. He demanded that no one be allowed to walk past his dressing room before the show. He never smiled or talked to anyone he did not have to. He walked from his dressing room to the stage with a scowl on his face but as soon as his name was announced his face lit up with a big smile and he completely changed to a personable funny like able guy that the public knows. The shows producer commented "Now there is a really good actor". As soon as he walked off the stage he went back to what he was before and demanded to leave immediately. Of all the celebrities this family member worked with he was by far the rudest and least likeable. Jay

Old 10-06-2016, 08:40 AM

8,880 posts, read 15,628,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Never liked Alan Alda. I always thought he ruined MASH by turning it into an anti war preaching show instead of the comedy it originally was.
Actually, MASH was created to be an "anti-war preaching show".

Old 10-06-2016, 10:02 AM

3,482 posts, read 1,420,746 times
Default That is all ...

Yah, I didn't read the book(s). Getting MASH from movie to network TV meant stripping off the edgy politics, toning down the lechery & boozing, & humanizing the CO & Major Burns. Major Houlihan & Radar O'Reilly were the only TV characters who grew, my opinion. Oh, & they ditched D. Red - the first priest in the TV series, & put in a ringer - an alleged Jesuit priest who never convinced me he had the intellectual chops to make the cut in the Society - but that's Show Biz for ya. (Plus, my experience, he should have been perfectly @ home smoking cigars, drinking rotgut, & he probably would have been the linguist of the crew - the SJ was early [first?] on the scene in Japan, China - & did a lot of the grunt work compiling dictionaries, grammars, histories, translating, setting up & operating universities & hospitals, etc. - See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Societ...ivity_in_China)

Shoehorning a satirical black comedy movie feature view of the Army, politics, football & hierarchies in general into a TV half-hour sitcom based on ratings was a gutsy call. Within its limits, it mostly worked. But it took me years to actually watch the TV version, & more years to tolerate & finally appreciate what they were trying to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities