U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 01:02 AM

5,165 posts, read 2,398,763 times

Advertisements

I saw Rick Springfield sitting in a chair with his name on it, along with a camera guy, in the middle of a huge marsh in a large regional park where I walked my dogs. Being in the park wasn't unusual, but the area was...a wetland full of reeds & cattails & mud like glue...no one ever walked out there. I just wondered, "why?".

P.S., I don't really know what Rick Springfield does, I just recognized his name & face from "somewhere"???

I just thought of another one, for we "mature" people, if you remember the Carpenters. I was with my ex & inlaws at Disneyland at the Tiki Room attraction (no longer there). My MIL said that Karen Carpenter was sitting 2 tables away, with an older couple, & my MIL wanted to swap seats with me so that she could get a better view of her. I was very young & not a fan, so fine. But once the show started, the MC called Karen Carpenter out....she stood about halfway up & gave a little wave & people applauded like crazy...this was during the height of their popularity. She looked really upset, I'm sure she just wanted to be left alone. But what I remember most was that her hair & makeup were impeccable, & she was wearing a long, heavy, white coat, all buttoned up, on a really hot, summer Southern California day.

Last edited by MarciaMarshaMarcia; 10-22-2016 at 02:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 10:02 AM
Status: "I'm not arguing. I'm just explaining why I'm right." (set 3 days ago)

1,324 posts, read 2,056,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
I saw Rick Springfield sitting in a chair with his name on it, along with a camera guy, in the middle of a huge marsh in a large regional park where I walked my dogs. Being in the park wasn't unusual, but the area was...a wetland full of reeds & cattails & mud like glue...no one ever walked out there...
That is a strange place.

Growing up in the Valley in the fifties I regularly saw celebs, usually when they were shopping. Later, when I worked in Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and Century City I saw them virtually every day. At no time did I see a celeb in a strange place.

However, I was surprised to see President Reagan in a barber shop on Wilshire Blvd; such a long way to go for a haircut, even from Santa Barbara.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:48 AM

5,640 posts, read 16,938,027 times
I saw Tony Randall at the Art Institute of Chicago once. Not really surprised to see him in an art gallery though.

And Pearl Bailey at the Lincoln Park Zoo. She was getting the tour from the zoo director.

Michelle Pfeifer at Dekalb (IL) Corn Fest, she was filming a movie out that way heard. Her kids were on the carnival rides there.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:57 AM

7,974 posts, read 6,732,133 times
Once took a wizz beside Sean Connery at a Ballybunion Golf Course in Ireland. I did not see it was him at first and I said man it was cold out there today. He replied yes it was but still nice to be playing golf.

Old 10-23-2016, 11:35 AM

16,863 posts, read 51,373,474 times
Two quick stories. I was eating pizza with five others (2 guys, 3 gals) at the old Tower Restaurant in Burlington Vermont, when suddenly one of the guys exclaimed in hushed tones "That is Ephram Zimbalist Jr.!" (Lead in the F.B.I. tv series, etc.) He went to the mens room to take a leak, and the two guys got up and followed him in seeking autographs. I just sat there and cringed, embarrassed for myself and the gals at the table. When the three came out, he went to his table, stood and announced "Yes, you may have noticed that I am Ephram Zimbalist Jr. I would appreciate it if you understand that I am here for a quiet meal with my daughter." His daughter, of course, was Stephanie Zimbalist, who was attending U.V.M. at the time.

A friend of mine tells of the time Johnny Cash came into his movie theatre for a late show, and in the course of events asked to use the phone. The theatre phone had an extension at the doorman's stand, and he was using that when a couple of stragglers came in to see one of the movies and handed him their tickets. Cash looked at my friend, who shrugged his shoulders and indicated he could tear them or not. He tore the tickets, and after the couple was about five paces beyond him, the guy looked back, obviously thinking "was that who I think it was?" and then going "nah, couldn't be." and walked on.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:27 PM

15,706 posts, read 3,125,402 times
The strangest place I have ever seen a celebrity is a high school sporting event.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:42 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,356,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
I was with my ex & inlaws at Disneyland at the Tiki Room attraction (no longer there).
The Enchanted Tiki Room is still there.

Old 10-24-2016, 03:11 AM

5,165 posts, read 2,398,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The Enchanted Tiki Room is still there.
Really? That's nice to know...a friend told me that it was gone!

Old 10-24-2016, 09:27 PM
Status: "I can learn to admire w/o having to aquire." (set 10 days ago)

Location: Where the last of the "Big 3" has retired. Spurs country.
3,044 posts, read 3,620,528 times
1970.....Bobby Darrin at the local Stagecoach Motel, in town for a performance. My friend and I (age 14) and my niece (age 10) took the "Do Not Disturb" sign off the door and put it on the door down the hall. We knocked, he let us in, we chatted, he asked which one of us would be staying, then my sister (age 29) came in, she had dropped us off while parking the car. It was an uncomfortable moment.

Old 10-25-2016, 01:11 AM

22,282 posts, read 5,515,567 times
I was in a supermarket with my wife a few years ago, just walking down the aisles like you do. Coming the other way towards us was a guy named Peter Kay, also doing his shopping. Now, most Americans will say, who is Peter Kay? He is one of the biggest comedy stars in this country. He sells out shows in huge arenas.

I just said, "hello Peter" as we passed. He gave us a huge grin, and just said, "hiya." We left him alone to get on with his shopping...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_HkyQkhwSs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or