U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 04:30 PM

4,239 posts, read 3,539,479 times

Advertisements

Paul Newman, our house.

It was for sale. I was about 16, this was mid 80s. He didn't have an appointment, just knocked on the door. My older brother showed him around.

He didn't buy.

This was Westport Connecticut
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 05:33 PM

9,291 posts, read 16,164,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Paul Newman, our house.

It was for sale. I was about 16, this was mid 80s. He didn't have an appointment, just knocked on the door. My older brother showed him around.

He didn't buy.

This was Westport Connecticut

Old 02-08-2017, 01:24 PM

3,074 posts, read 1,582,732 times
I was working at a Five Star Hotel(The Breakers) back in the late 80's and was down on the beach. My job was maintaining the cabanas. This story would not be weird except I saw this guy leaving one of the 5 bathroom stalls that they had down on the beach in a private concrete block structure of a building. Hello Tom Selleck!!! LOL. Btw, he seemed very tall from what I remember.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:03 PM

6,263 posts, read 10,349,392 times
Not sure if it is really that weird but I saw Woody Harrelson running into the night club called Yucatan in Houston, TX where I worked as a valet back in 1991.
He seemed to be rushing in with a group that looked like a band so I was like "WTH?", didn't know he actually jammed with a band and his band was playing there that night. I think it was like a jazz band.
He seemed quite friendly with people around him. I didn't talk to him, just watched for a little while.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:18 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,566,078 times
I was getting out of an elevator in a bldg in Century City in the 90's, and right as the doors opened a young kid came running in, and since I was swinging my briefcase, I almost hit the kid in the head. It was Clint Eastwood's grandson, and Clint was waiting to get in the elevator too, and saw the whole thing. I swear he gave me "the eye". Y'know the look right before he kills somebody.

I also saw Sly Stallone and George Clooney in those same elevators. Not on the same day of course.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:18 PM

22 posts, read 12,094 times
Elizabeth Taylor and Mike Todd in a bowling alley. They were visiting his brother who lived in the same town we did. Quite the big deal for a small Illinois town in the 50's. Their picture was taken with my cousin who owned the business at the time. It hung there until the building was sold in the 90's. He died soon after after that visit.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:19 PM

12,448 posts, read 10,172,800 times
11PM at Walmart. Lando Calrissian to you Star Wars fans.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:29 AM

9,291 posts, read 16,164,805 times
Years ago, several friends and I were in Nashville for a concert in which Seether was the opening act..... We got a great deal on a VERY nice hotel and arrived the night before the show..... The morning of the show, one of my friends and I got up, grabbed some coffee and hopped on the down elevator to go outside for a smoke, both still wearing major bedhead.

Who was on that elevator but Sean Morgan..... We locked eyes and I recognized him instantly and he knew I did, so then kept his eyes averted. My friend had no idea until I told her once we all got off the elevator and went our separate ways.....

Old 02-09-2017, 06:59 AM

39,314 posts, read 37,896,251 times
Jack White putting groceries into his Tesla in the local Publix parking lot.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:13 AM

13,247 posts, read 11,807,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
Years ago, several friends and I were in Nashville for a concert in which Seether was the opening act..... We got a great deal on a VERY nice hotel and arrived the night before the show..... The morning of the show, one of my friends and I got up, grabbed some coffee and hopped on the down elevator to go outside for a smoke, both still wearing major bedhead.

Who was on that elevator but Sean Morgan..... We locked eyes and I recognized him instantly and he knew I did, so then kept his eyes averted. My friend had no idea until I told her once we all got off the elevator and went our separate ways.....
Geez, was he that offended by your bedhead? lol When I had my hotel celebrity encounter, I had just stepped out of my room into the hallway and he was walking by with his son. We didn't make eye contact, otherwise I probably would've at least said hi or something since I'm a fan, but I really didn't think that was the appropriate time to speak to him anyway. I did get a chance to speak to him briefly later on though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or