Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 06:00 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,275,563 times

Advertisements

Well I had an epiphany about this at work after noticing yet another magazine cover about the ongoing Brad and Angie story. I would honestly like to think they are good people who mean well but as I flipped through the pictures of them all I could feel was just *tired*, like drained and seriously bored. I do not care at all what those two do or how long their story continues. I think they are both bad vibe city and I would not spend so much as five minutes of my personal time with either of them. They are like energy vampires. Yes, something is definitely 'off' about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
I don't know what to think. I mean I am happy they are happy...I think they do great things for our world...But, I just get the vibe they are trying to make some kind of forced statement by having all these kids...I don't know...something is just 'off' about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 04:37 PM

Default she's building a whole other career

Angelina Jolie is a member of the Council On Foreign Relations:

Angelina Jolie To Join Council On Foreign Relations - Politics on The Huffington Post

Old 03-02-2008, 04:47 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,252,691 times
I think all in all, I have to ask "are they really raising these kids?" or is someone else doing it for them? Im not bashing them, I don't like Angelina personally. I think she's strange and yes, a bit of a b@!#!. However, with that in mind, I think she is a wonderful abassador and does great thing to help those in need. There is no doubt her children are loved and well taken care of; but with all the traveling, and public appearances they seem to do, are the children really receiving the "nurturing" they need from a mother? Brad seems to do a great deal of bonding, but Angelina seems like a bit of a "ghost mom". Another point, there are ALOT of children in need of loving homes in the US, and no one blinks an eye. We have a great deal of unfortunate children here, why not adopt from the US? ALL in ALL.. I don't think she's the best mother, or the best wife, and I don't think Id trust her as my friend, but she's a great humanitarian Is that wacky???

Old 03-02-2008, 07:01 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,444,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
I think all in all, I have to ask "are they really raising these kids?" or is someone else doing it for them? Im not bashing them, I don't like Angelina personally. I think she's strange and yes, a bit of a b@!#!. However, with that in mind, I think she is a wonderful abassador and does great thing to help those in need. There is no doubt her children are loved and well taken care of; but with all the traveling, and public appearances they seem to do, are the children really receiving the "nurturing" they need from a mother? Brad seems to do a great deal of bonding, but Angelina seems like a bit of a "ghost mom". Another point, there are ALOT of children in need of loving homes in the US, and no one blinks an eye. We have a great deal of unfortunate children here, why not adopt from the US? ALL in ALL.. I don't think she's the best mother, or the best wife, and I don't think Id trust her as my friend, but she's a great humanitarian Is that wacky???
Well personally I give Angie and Brad a lot of credit. Despite all the movies and humanitarian things they do they just about always bring the children along. You see other actors and actresses all the time travel without their children. They bring them where ever they go and take outing in the area to expose the children to that culture and what that area has to offer. If one is filming in Berlin they all go or the other brings the rest shortly thereafter to visit and spend some time there. They take their children places all the time and do not (unlike about every other couple in their profession) leave them with nannies. They just got back from 2 trip to the mountains so the kids could enjoy the snow, something they are not used to. They work hard to give their children as full lives as they can. Lucky for them they have the money to be able to do that, but it would be just as easy for them if so inclined to leave them home with nannies.

As for not adopting a child/children from the US, that subject has been batted around in the parenting section in the past. It is a personal choice where people wish to adopt from and if they wish to adopt a baby, toddler, or older child. No one says that any child is more worthy or deserves to be adopted more in one place than the other. There are many older children in the US that need to be adopted. As far as babies in the US there are waaaaaaay more couples that want to adopt than babies available. The difference is the US no longer has orphanages as do most foreign countries. These children will often spend their whole lives with little human contact and very poor nutrition and care in these orphanages. In places like Russia they are kicked out of these orphanages at a young age and most become prostitutes and get very involved in glue sniffing. The US does not have these issues. Also our fostercare system in this country absolutely sucks and makes it very hard for people to adopt and is a disaster.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:21 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,391,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerly View Post
I can't stand her, she always comes across so unfriendly and snotty and as much as I should say in a PC manner; 'oh it's lovely she's giving a famiy to all these children' etc... she sort of comes across like she's 'collecting' them from all over the globe...
http://www.usaforunhcr.org/dynamic.cfm?ID=89

Are you aware that she is a Goodwill Ambassador and travels the world using her celebrity to draw attention to those less fortunate?

I suppose people would like her better if she stayed in Hollywood, doing drugs, drinking, going to rehab and generally being a selfish cow.

If someone has the money to take care of children, the time to love them and take care of them, who are we to say anything about it.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:36 PM

Default Angelina's a fraud

Oprah Winfrey has done a lot more for 3rd world children than Angelina has and she wasn't invited to be part of the Council on Foreign Relations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
Angelina Jolie is a member of the Council On Foreign Relations:

Angelina Jolie To Join Council On Foreign Relations - Politics on The Huffington Post

Old 03-03-2008, 12:40 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,744,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
A ghost mom? Wherever do you come up with that? I don't recall ever seeing her in a day-to-day picture (ie, not in a staged publicity photo) where she doesn't have at least one kid plastered to her hip, and trailing another by the hand. I think both Brad and Angelina are fine examples of good, dedicated, attentive parents.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:20 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,366,780 times
Cue the drum roll....Team Jen and Team Angelina are at it again....who'll take the lickin' and who'll keep tickin'...

Who cares either way? I think it's great that she has so many kids - all of them, mom dad and all the kids - seem happy and healthy. More power to them. I just don't understand why anyone would have a strong enough opinion about this to warrant writing a dissertation of what kind of life a person lives, what choices they've made, which mistakes to rehash, etc. Let's not all fall victim to the tabloid mill.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:35 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,391,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calif View Post
I think she is a bit strange. Do you guys remember when she used to make out in public with her ex? And wear his blood around her neck? Yikes! She was just odd, then all the sudden she turned into this child loving peace maker.
Its called growing up.

Frankly I don't pay attention to what the rags at the newstand say. Its probably all a lie. I don't know her personally and unless I do someday, who knows what she is really like.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:31 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,444,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Cue the drum roll....Team Jen and Team Angelina are at it again....who'll take the lickin' and who'll keep tickin'...

Who cares either way? I think it's great that she has so many kids - all of them, mom dad and all the kids - seem happy and healthy. More power to them. I just don't understand why anyone would have a strong enough opinion about this to warrant writing a dissertation of what kind of life a person lives, what choices they've made, which mistakes to rehash, etc. Let's not all fall victim to the tabloid mill.
It is not much different than you making a point to come to the "celebrity" posts and then this thread and then making a point of telling us how ridiculous it is we are discussing this. We may look at it as ridiculous that you make an issue of coming here to tell us all that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities