U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2016, 07:58 PM

27,998 posts, read 46,401,830 times

Advertisements

Lizzie Velasquez has put herself out there by way of motivational speaking and Internet fame, but she never signed up to be the subject of a cruel meme. Velasquez, who was born with a rare, undiagnosed congenital disease that causes the inability to put on body fat, came upon a meme using her picture and poking fun at her frail appearance.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/lizzie-...171438198.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 11:34 AM

10,333 posts, read 12,437,521 times
Thumbs up to Lizzie for her response. The meme does not even make any sense, so the person who posted it is a complete tool as well. Shes doing good things with her life by helping others. Many other people not even facing health challenges like her dont put in the effort to do this.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:43 PM

23,024 posts, read 31,998,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Thumbs up to Lizzie for her response. The meme does not even make any sense, so the person who posted it is a complete tool as well. Shes doing good things with her life by helping others. Many other people not even facing health challenges like her dont put in the effort to do this.
It was actually a pretty popular thing last week for people to post memes of extremely obese people or those with very visible disabilities and tag their friends saying they are looking for them for sexual purposes. Just a really bad look on humanity at the end of the day. Glad Lizzie has a lot of strength to deal with this.

Old 12-20-2016, 09:15 PM

1,700 posts, read 793,541 times
i think she is awesome. i'm not just saying that. she has so much confidence and that is so attractive. i like her personality and her ability to get out there and live life without being ashamed of who she is. i think she is great and i wish i had the confidence and self-esteem she sure seems to have. you never really know what is going on inside someone really but she sure seems to have strength that many of us don't have.

she's got moxie! i've never used that word before but it just really suits her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities