Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 09:26 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times

Advertisements

I always enjoyed her TV appearances, and found her to be amusing. It's sad how she languished, didn't even know that her leg had been amputated, and outlived her only child.

R.I.P.

As Katharine Hepburn once said, We all just rot away, and it's too bad we do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 10:09 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Only knew Ms. Gabor from watching Green Acres on TV as a kid. Then saw her as Lorraine Quarl, the "professional divorcee" who goes after Charles Wills (Van Johnson), in "The Last Time I Saw Paris". The role was not a huge one, but it pretty much summed up in my mind Ms. Gabor; a blonde, beautiful woman with very aristocratic or even royal bearing. Kind of woman who one would expect to find in the royal courts of Germany or Imperial Austrian-Hungarian Empire.

RIP Ms. Gabor, you had great innings and may God grant you eternal rest.

Old 12-19-2016, 04:58 AM

2,733 posts, read 1,545,040 times
I think you are confusing Zsa Zsa with her sister Eva Gabor. It was Eva in "Green Acres" and "The Last Time I Saw Paris."

Eva died before Zsa Zsa. There was another Gabor sister who also died earlier. Her name was Magda.

Last edited by educator1953; 12-19-2016 at 04:59 AM.. Reason: I remembered the third sister's name.

Old 12-19-2016, 05:03 AM

43,619 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Rip

Old 12-19-2016, 05:44 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Zsa Zsa was the first of what we know today as 'reality' stars. She wasn't famous for being a movie star, but as a real person. He life was what kept her a star. She must have been a fascinating woman to entrance so many men to want to marry her.

I seem to remember George Sanders one of her husbands, also married Zsa Zsa's elder sister........ talk about a glutton for punishment...........

Zsa Zsa was a woman of her time, and is forgotten by most now. But she twinkled and shone as a star should during her long lasting fame. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2AiroFJcz4

Old 12-19-2016, 08:02 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,800,899 times
Zsa Zsa's best actress role was probably in "Moulin Rouge" with Jose Ferrer. Later in the 1950s she acted in the campy "Queen of Outer Space".
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mVr-hhsbOs0

Old 12-19-2016, 09:37 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Zsa Zsa was the first of what we know today as 'reality' stars. She wasn't famous for being a movie star, but as a real person. He life was what kept her a star. She must have been a fascinating woman to entrance so many men to want to marry her.

I seem to remember George Sanders one of her husbands, also married Zsa Zsa's elder sister........ talk about a glutton for punishment...........

Zsa Zsa was a woman of her time, and is forgotten by most now. But she twinkled and shone as a star should during her long lasting fame. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2AiroFJcz4
You're correct, her sister Magda was also married to George Sanders. Between the three sisters they've collectively been married 20 times...

Old 12-19-2016, 07:37 PM

5,573 posts, read 6,498,880 times
They evidently didn't believe in "shacking up." Mama Gabor was a name also. Jolie. I know of all 4 of them from growing up in the '60's, my older (by 19 years) sister subscribed to or bought all the Hollywood gossip magazines. I'd devour them for hours!

Yet the lineage is now gone with Zsa Zsa's death. She was the only one to have a child, and that child never had children. She passed away years ago.

Old 12-20-2016, 07:09 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,800,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
They evidently didn't believe in "shacking up." Mama Gabor was a name also. Jolie. I know of all 4 of them from growing up in the '60's, my older (by 19 years) sister subscribed to or bought all the Hollywood gossip magazines. I'd devour them for hours!

Yet the lineage is now gone with Zsa Zsa's death. She was the only one to have a child, and that child never had children. She passed away years ago.
According to Wikipedia, Gabor's daughter died in 2015.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:16 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
According to Wikipedia, Gabor's daughter died in 2015.

Yes.

Hers was a very sad story. No one claimed her body for almost a week. When her mother's husband finally did, they wouldn't release the remains to him because of years of bad will between the two, documented by her writings and a suspected suicide attempt. Ultimately, one of her estranged half-brothers (via Conrad Hilton) stepped forward to make arrangements.

I remember thinking at the time that, despite the contentious relationship between Zsa Zsa and her daughter, she never would have wanted that for her--had she been aware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities