U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 07:47 AM

7,262 posts, read 10,180,209 times

Advertisements

Carrie Underwood. There is just something about her that sets my antenna quivering. Like she is secretly really not nice, or not honest or something. Her hockey husband seems a bit weird too as does their marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 04:11 PM

1,240 posts, read 270,590 times
Taylor Smith, Justin Beiber, I just don't think they can sing.

Old 08-25-2017, 11:26 PM
BMI

5,143 posts, read 2,702,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
One that just came to mind that I really can't stand: Kirsten Chenowith. She wears the entire Macy's make-up department, and the slag just plain can't sing. Her singing voice has no depth or substance. I change channels whenever she is being interviewed or featured.
Her speaking voice is like nails on chalkboard...and she's about 4 foot 2

Old 08-25-2017, 11:28 PM
BMI

5,143 posts, read 2,702,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Carrie Underwood. There is just something about her that sets my antenna quivering. Like she is secretly really not nice, or not honest or something. Her hockey husband seems a bit weird too as does their marriage.
Yeah, and she's tries too be raunchy, doesn't suit her.
My dad calls her "Carrie Underwear"

Old 08-28-2017, 09:40 PM

26,727 posts, read 7,248,003 times
Guy Fieri, whom I'm assuming everyone else loves because he's taken over the Food Network, and nobody's complaining but me.

I'm just sick of him. It seems every time I tune in, it's DDD or his Grocery Games--one show right after another. Enough, already.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:58 AM

4,776 posts, read 3,121,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
That's nonsense and bs. Winning did not require the murder of innocent civilian men women and children. We did what we're criticizing the Russians for doing in Syria right now. There is no moral ground on which to excuse the murder of any children because there is a war going on. There's also nothing like warfare to create hypocrisy.
During WWII, there wasn't anything we know today as precision bombing. When you have to bomb from high altitude to avoid flak and fighters, it gets even worse. Now that we have "precision" weapons, it is said that collateral damage is horrible and sometimes combatants take advantage of that by mingling with innocent civilians.

War is not fun for anyone. When someone starts one, thinking no one will have the stomach to stop them, what do think should be done?

Jimmy Stewart took on a role in WWII that a very large percentage of participants did not survive. If they were lucky enough to survive being shot down they spent the rest of the war in a Stalag.

Also, before and during the war, the Germans were training the youth in Germany to be combatants. Who knows how many of those "children" died as a result. Would you blame the Germans or those who killed them?

Last edited by Cruzincat; 09-03-2017 at 09:06 AM..

Old 09-03-2017, 04:30 PM

2,252 posts, read 1,284,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
During WWII, there wasn't anything we know today as precision bombing. When you have to bomb from high altitude to avoid flak and fighters, it gets even worse. Now that we have "precision" weapons, it is said that collateral damage is horrible and sometimes combatants take advantage of that by mingling with innocent civilians.

War is not fun for anyone. When someone starts one, thinking no one will have the stomach to stop them, what do think should be done?

Jimmy Stewart took on a role in WWII that a very large percentage of participants did not survive. If they were lucky enough to survive being shot down they spent the rest of the war in a Stalag.

Also, before and during the war, the Germans were training the youth in Germany to be combatants. Who knows how many of those "children" died as a result. Would you blame the Germans or those who killed them?
Very well explained. I think the person you are replying to has led a rather sheltered life.

Jimmy Stewart saw more combat flying then most actors of that time. He ended up having a military career as well as acting.

Old 09-09-2017, 09:14 AM

763 posts, read 369,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Guy Fieri, whom I'm assuming everyone else loves because he's taken over the Food Network, and nobody's complaining but me.

I'm just sick of him. It seems every time I tune in, it's DDD or his Grocery Games--one show right after another. Enough, already.
Have you noticed that several times they've run DDD all day Friday, all day Saturday, all day Sunday, and all morning Monday? I don't dislike Guy and I think grocery games can be pretty fun to watch but goodness, someone in food network's programming dept needs to find a different line of work.

Old 09-09-2017, 09:58 AM

874 posts, read 529,217 times
Cesar Millan.

While some of his tips are okay, he consistently sticks to outmoded and sometimes dangerous methods of dog "training". The idea that the human is the pack leader is antiquated; the idea that one must teach the dog that the human is in control, no matter the scenario, is just...bad...all around.

What really convinced me that Cesar's methods are wrong was the video of him attempting to show a resource guarding dog, Molly, that he was taking ownership of her food dish. (Look up 'showdown with Molly' on Youtube.) As an owner of a dog with food guarding issues, I vehemently, absolutely, 110%, will avow that this was the WORST method of approaching food guarding/aggression in a dog, ever. Cesar's mistake is that he believes all confrontations with dogs are that of a dog attempting to "one-up" the human, or take over. This is never the case with food/resource guarding. Guarding is a fear-based activity that the dog has learned, thinking that they might lose the resource (food, toy, etc.) if someone comes near, so they defend it the only way they know how, by (often subtle) threatening gestures, and - if pushed - with snapping or biting. And when the dog is pushed, their fears are reinforced exponentially.

Cesar pushes this dog until she has absolutely no choice but to bite...an action that he admits he did not see coming. In watching the video for the first time, to me it was clear that Molly was being backed into a corner, so to speak, and that she was getting ready to lash out. How could Cesar, a self-proclaimed dog whisperer, not see this??

Cesar's actions did nothing but reinforce the dog's fears that she needed to guard her food. To the dog, she believed that she might lose the resource; with Cesar crossing her boundary and acting with threatening motions (getting closer to her, hovering over the food) he was telling her in dog language that he was going to take her resource away. So of course she lashed out. All that Cesar accomplished was to reinforce the dog's fears, and to make matters far worse.

Anyone who deals with fearful dogs will know that you do NOT threaten them. You do NOT push them until they react. These actions can cause irreparable damage, and can ultimately result in the euthanization of a dog who could have been helped. Positive reinforcement, understanding where the root cause of the problem is (the fear, rather than the outward action), and redirecting the dog with positive actions and reward, stand the strongest chance of helping a dog with such issues, and is the only way one may be able to succeed in stopping food/resource guarding in its tracks.

This is why I give a HUGE thumbs down to Cesar Millan. His heart might be in the right place, but many of his methods are harmful, and wrong.

Last edited by bassetluv; 09-09-2017 at 10:06 AM..

Old 09-24-2017, 12:44 PM

1,447 posts, read 969,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post

how can I blame the Germans for fighting for their freedom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities