Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 09:35 AM

94 posts, read 68,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
Kim K. That really goes without saying..

Katy Perry...girl your 30 quit acting like your still in college just because you appeal to teeny boppers.

Ariana Grande....oh where do I start...gurl hire a diction coach asap so I can understand what you are singing. and fix your wonkey eyes and learn how to hold your own dam water bottle.
Katy Perry is only 30? But yeah... the "California Girl" appear is just.. no.

That reminds me.. Nicky Minaj.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 10:11 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,475,541 times
Jeremy Kyle and piers Morgan!

Complete %^#%%!!!

Old 12-26-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Jeremy Kyle and piers Morgan!

Complete %^#%%!!!
Piers Morgan is a troll. CNN loves him because he has the attitude of every elite Leftist out there.

Anderson Cooper and the whole CNN "roost" are the same way...

Old 12-26-2016, 10:30 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,475,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escapee2 View Post
Piers Morgan is a troll. CNN loves him because he has the attitude of every elite Leftist out there.

Anderson Cooper and the whole CNN "roost" are the same way...
Arrogance ain't the word with him

Old 12-26-2016, 11:04 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,783,215 times
Liberal or conservative nobody likes Piers Morgan. He has a job because now in cable news, the trend is toward bombastic, confrontational and "controversial". Those types attract attention and ratings from fans AND hate-watchers alike. Ditto Tomi Lauren (sp?)

For me, it's Hailee Stanfield. She's bland as hell singer to me. I don't get it.

Old 12-26-2016, 11:27 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,752,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
James Stewart. I never like the guy and that was even before I read that in WW2 he was the pilot of one of the plans that bombed a German city killing thousands of children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Do you have a link or proof of that? I never heard anything other than that he was a pilot.
Jimmy Stewart served as deputy commander of a bombardment wing during first day of Operation Argument, a major series of strikes against Berlin. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for his service during that operation. I'm guessing that's what has nickerman's undies in a bunch, because over in the history forum he's a semi-regular and a Nazi apologist who spends a fair amount of time condemning the U.S. for its supposed aggression against Germany, how Germany supposedly didn't really commit atrocities, how Germany supposedly wanted peace and the warmongering Allies forced war upon it, and so forth. So it figures that he despises anyone who served in the Allied forces in Europe.

As an aside, Stewart was repeatedly rejected for military service, but he kept trying to enlist and finally succeeded. It would have been very easy for him to simply not serve - like John Wayne. And once in uniform, he only saw combat because he repeatedly applied for it, not content to merely be a military celebrity (again, unlike a lot of others who were happy 'serving' in Hollywood.

As to the topic of this thread, I don't spend much time scratching my head over the fact that other people have different subjective preferences than myself. After all, that's the nature of subjectivity.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Jimmy Stewart served as deputy commander of a bombardment wing during first day of Operation Argument, a major series of strikes against Berlin. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for his service during that operation. I'm guessing that's what has nickerman's undies in a bunch, because over in the history forum he's a semi-regular and a Nazi apologist who spends a fair amount of time condemning the U.S. for its supposed aggression against Germany, how Germany supposedly didn't really commit atrocities, how Germany supposedly wanted peace and the warmongering Allies forced war upon it, and so forth. So it figures that he despises anyone who served in the Allied forces in Europe.

As an aside, Stewart was repeatedly rejected for military service, but he kept trying to enlist and finally succeeded. It would have been very easy for him to simply not serve - like John Wayne. And once in uniform, he only saw combat because he repeatedly applied for it, not content to merely be a military celebrity (again, unlike a lot of others who were happy 'serving' in Hollywood.

As to the topic of this thread, I don't spend much time scratching my head over the fact that other people have different subjective preferences than myself. After all, that's the nature of subjectivity.
That is why the thread topic is "Popular Celebrities you don't see the appeal of."

Pretty much any Celebrity is more or less some stupid idiot to me.. This country has lost its way.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:08 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,048,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
James Stewart. I never like the guy and that was even before I read that in WW2 he was the pilot of one of the plans that bombed a German city killing thousands of children.
IF this happened he was following orders, you know, just like every other person who is in the military follows orders. Following orders is a huge part of being in the military.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:13 PM

4,874 posts, read 4,991,468 times
Any of the ones that became celebrities, just because they read the news or reported the news.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:14 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,048,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escapee2 View Post
That is why the thread topic is "Popular Celebrities you don't see the appeal of."

Pretty much any Celebrity is more or less some stupid idiot to me.. This country has lost its way.
And this is the fault of the celebrities because?
Celebrities are not to blame for the blind following of those who continue to choose to put anyone in a
celebrity status.
I haven't watched television in more than 20 years and I like very few movies so most of those mentioned in this thread I have no idea who they are. I am however an adult who lives in the real world and does not venture off to fantasy land otherwise known as television and movies.

Don't blame celebrities for the country losing it's way, that process started many years ago....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities