U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2016, 11:15 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,153,113 times

Advertisements

back in the old days an popular actor or actress was a bigger than life being, if you know what I mean. But today it doesn't seem to be that way. Or is it just that I am getting older? Back in the 30s and 40s the actors and actresses were owned by the studio that they contracted with and they couldn't go anywhere without the permission of the studio execs. For a person to have seen Cary Grant would be the talk of the day. Now it doesn't seem to be that way when seeing a popular actor or actress. Or is it that way still?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2016, 12:33 PM

3,805 posts, read 2,011,515 times
Back in the day, studios created a mystique around their celebrities. Seeing them out in public was definitely a sight to see and would become the talk of the town. When the paparazzi came into play, it changed the way people viewed celebrities and the mystique went away to an extent.

Now with social media and phone cameras and smart phones, celebrity has just become a circus. I think people are sick of celebrities now because we are just bombarded with pictures, stories and the most ridiculous crap about them on a daily basis. I see celebrities where I work and frankly I couldn't care less about seeing them.

Old 12-20-2016, 12:42 PM

1,389 posts, read 546,710 times
It still happens. I'm sure plenty of people (young and old) will faint if they saw any A-list actor/singer in person that they love. It's a human nature thing, not generational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities