Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 01:46 PM

3,888 posts, read 4,542,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
My 39 year old son e-mailed me with the news. He is real upset. As a little boy, I took him to see 'Return of the Jedi' in a theater. He was smitten with Carrie, and has carried a torch for her all these years. RIP.
She was a first crush and/or dream girl to lots of little boys, teenagers and young men around the world!
A true legend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 01:48 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Carrie it seemed was let down first by her dad Eddie Fisher leaving the family , then her first marriage lasted only months to Paul Simon , and her second husband left her for a man... how do you cope with that.. poor thing, she didnt seem to have much happiness. She admitted that her and her father took drugs together later in life... what a dad eh?

Old 12-27-2016, 01:51 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
This is so sad. I don't really believe in astrology but a lot of horrible things, mostly deaths, have happened recently. If somebody can figure out what causes all these things to go wrong, besides just co-incidence, I would like to know. Somebody said Mercury in retrograde ?? but I don't even know what that is. So sad and so unexpected this latest loss.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:06 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
She was a first crush and/or dream girl to lots of little boys, teenagers and young men around the world!
A true legend!
More than that, she was iconic to young girls- her role as Princess Leia - showed strength, courage and a princess.
Carrie was also a long time advocate for mental health....she had her own strength & courage.
Iconic.

Old 12-27-2016, 02:51 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
I heard the sad news just after I saw Rogue One. RIP Carrie Fisher!

Old 12-27-2016, 02:58 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,383,197 times
Rest in Peace Carrie Fisher.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:01 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
This is so sad. I don't really believe in astrology but a lot of horrible things, mostly deaths, have happened recently. If somebody can figure out what causes all these things to go wrong, besides just co-incidence, I would like to know. Somebody said Mercury in retrograde ?? but I don't even know what that is. So sad and so unexpected this latest loss.
We've had the Saturn/Neptune square this year which has been very difficult. We had Mars in shadow and Retrograde from late Feb to late August. Jupiter recently has been re-invigorating the Uranus/Pluto square, which was a beast for many in the recent years. Bunches of things. Mercury is retro conjuncting Pluto in Capricorn, but the fast moving planets do nothing on their own--they will only feed into the slower moving planets, signs and aspects. Pluto in Capricorn is heavy. Mercury in Capricorn conj. Pluto on and off till late January is heavy news, news of deaths, that sort of thing.
You have to look at how each person's individual chart is being "hit" though. These slow moving hard aspects are "harder" if they hit something in the chart, setting some difficult aspect off that a person is born w/.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:09 PM

951 posts, read 1,140,635 times
So sad as I was thrilled when I saw her yesterday in Rogue One. And today she passed.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:46 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
It appears Fisher succumbed to complications of heart disease days after having a heart attack.

I am reading Fisher's work in Star Wars: Episode VIII is complete. If Leia returns for Star Wars: Episode IX, there would be changes.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:53 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
A little piece of my childhood died along with her.

I was eight years old in 1977 when Star Wars was released, which I think was the perfect age for optimum enjoyment of the film. Old enough to fully understand it, young enough to be absolutely thrilled by its epic swashbuckling tale. (and still clueless enough to realize that Mark Hamill couldn't act worth a damn, and that George Lucas couldn't write dialogue for ****)

Carrie Fisher did a good job of pulling the most possible characterization and drama out of Lucas' thinly-written princess. She, along with Alec Guinness, Peter Cushing, and James Earl Jones brought the film gravitas in the form of acting chops.

If there was a cantina around, I'd stop by and have a weird blue-colored beverage in your honor, Ms. Fisher!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities