Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 12:09 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,395,598 times

Advertisements

RIP Carrie
Attached Thumbnails
Carrie Fisher has Massive Heart Attack & Subsequently Dies-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 12:26 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Rest In Peace Carrie Fisher. She was such a widely recognized asset to us all. She dealt with a lot of crap in her life and I think it was a miracle that she kept a level head through it all. Postcards From The Edge was a real eye opener.

My son was wearing his Star Wars t shirt this morning, the one with Carrie Fisher lying on her side in the gold bikini. Iconic, that is what Carrie Fisher was. My heart goes out to her family.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:42 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
I'm sure her family is shocked they said she was stable after a few days and I thought oh good she is going to make it and then I turn on the computer and find out she passed . We have lost some might fine and good people this year and I would like for death to take a break but we all know it never does . RIP Carrie Fisher , I hope your mother lives for a lil while longer .

Old 12-27-2016, 12:51 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I apologize. I did not know you were not like any other about 2016.
I have to add something to this:

TamaraSavannah - it's not just picklejuice who has had a terrible, terrible year. I have had one of the worst years of my life (my husband and I lost three of our four parents within 15 months, just to hit the low points but this entire year of 2016 was one of great personal loss to both of us, one blow after another).

My point is that LOTS of people have really horrible years of loss. So please don't say "I did not know you were not like any other about 2016." Picklejuice is exactly like at least one other about this year - me.

It's not comforting to have losses and pain minimized by others. In fact, it's hurtful. Just think about it.

Back to Carrie Fisher - what a sad ending to a very sad year. We lost a HUGE number of really high profile, very gifted people in the entertainment industry this year. Such losses, while not personal, do leave holes in the fabric of our lives in a sense. Some artists are so iconic that our memories are entangled with their images, their music, their art - we can hardly recall some times in our lives without their influence running through those memories.

Carrie Fisher was a favorite of mine because I loved her panache. I am sure she, like everyone else, was an imperfect person but doggone it, she had a spark to her that was enigmatic. I am sure her family is reeling with shock over this. RIP, Carrie Fisher.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:52 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
My heart goes out to her family.
Mine as well, especially to her mother Debbie Reynolds.

You aren't supposed to outlive your own child.

It has happened twice in my family.

The first one...it didn't seem to outwardly faze the parents, but I imagine it must have inside. Their adult child had never held a job, lived in their basement, and was an alcoholic.

The second one....different parents and not related by blood to the first...was a complete shock. Very successful married professional with kids. Visibly pained the parents permanently.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:54 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I have to add something to this:

TamaraSavannah - it's not just picklejuice who has had a terrible, terrible year. I have had one of the worst years of my life (my husband and I lost three of our four parents within 15 months, just to hit the low points but this entire year of 2016 was one of great personal loss to both of us, one blow after another).

My point is that LOTS of people have really horrible years of loss. So please don't say "I did not know you were not like any other about 2016." Picklejuice is exactly like at least one other about this year - me.

It's not comforting to have losses and pain minimized by others. In fact, it's hurtful. Just think about it.
Point noted. I will not comment further on this angle of it in this thread.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:56 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Point noted. I will not comment further on this angle of it in this thread.
Thanks. See my edited post above.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:05 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
.....................Back to Carrie Fisher - what a sad ending to a very sad year. We lost a HUGE number of really high profile, very gifted people in the entertainment industry this year. Such losses, while not personal, do leave holes in the fabric of our lives in a sense. Some artists are so iconic that our memories are entangled with their images, their music, their art - we can hardly recall some times in our lives without their influence running through those memories.

Carrie Fisher was a favorite of mine because I loved her panache. I am sure she, like everyone else, was an imperfect person but doggone it, she had a spark to her that was enigmatic. I am sure her family is reeling with shock over this. RIP, Carrie Fisher.
Maybe. You know what they say, die young and (etc)

Two things.

First, a massive heart attack is nothing to joke about. I have to wonder that if she had survived, might she have been facing a future like Gareth Hunt - Biography - IMDb .

Now, of course, even in declining health, she would probably be well off, probably.

Secondly, this link indicates that she departed more or less the way she wanted.
Carrie Fisher, Princess Leia in 'Star Wars,' Dead at 60 - Rolling Stone

While to mourn her passing, I would not want her lingering on against her wishes.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:21 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,508,655 times
R.I.P. Carrie Fisher.

Be one with the force.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:42 PM

3,887 posts, read 4,540,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
May the force be with her
She is now one with The Force

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities