U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 12:32 PM

3,022 posts, read 1,987,571 times

Advertisements

Please, STOP DYING! We've lost too many of you already. It was bad enough losing Prince, David Bowie and others...now losing Carrie Fisher takes it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 01:19 PM

8,857 posts, read 4,826,319 times
We-ll.............
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Takes_a_Holiday

Long story short, to stay or go, should be up to them, not the fans.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:07 PM

40,888 posts, read 32,658,014 times
Usually it's not "up to" either the celebrity or the fans. Very few people get to choose the day or manner of their death.

Just pointing that out.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:11 PM

2,753 posts, read 1,795,022 times
Too many abuse drugs, which equals begging to die. I don't get it.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:22 PM

8,144 posts, read 6,002,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Too many abuse drugs, which equals begging to die. I don't get it.
And yet, Andy Dick continues to walk upright.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:33 PM

10,326 posts, read 12,413,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
And yet, Andy Dick continues to walk upright.
And Keith, Ozzy and all members of Motley Crue. Hope they live well into old age, but some who live or have lived hard just have the genetics/luck to keep living despite abuse. Then you have younger people with clean histories who die suddenly. One never knows.

The music, film and art these people create become part of our memories and history. Most of us never get to know them personally but what they contributed impacts us. I remember growing up and first hearing Prince, George and seeing Carrie in Star Wars. I remember the exact moments I experienced these things like many others.

We lost Ricky Harris now too. RIP. 2016 can go take a flying leap already.

Old 12-28-2016, 03:49 PM

2,753 posts, read 1,795,022 times
I wouldn't use Ozzy Osbourne as an example of someone who survived years of drug abuse. His body might still be alive, but I think his mind is shot. Prolly the same for Keith Richards, who looks like a mummy. If it weren't for makeup, they'd be mistaken for a zombie attack. Is anyone really impressed by a barely walking vegetable?

Old 12-28-2016, 04:19 PM

10,326 posts, read 12,413,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
I wouldn't use Ozzy Osbourne as an example of someone who survived years of drug abuse. His body might still be alive, but I think his mind is shot. Prolly the same for Keith Richards, who looks like a mummy. If it weren't for makeup, they'd be mistaken for a zombie attack. Is anyone really impressed by a barely walking vegetable?
They are actually both still performing on stage. True there is visible damage-Ozzy shows it in his speech and Keith certainly defines and redefined hard living. Still impressive though for these kinds of people. Ozzy had relapses in recent years too.
Many of us know elderly people who chain smoked and guzzled booze like it was water and died peacefully at a ripe old age.

I shed some bad habits too years for some good ones, and still sometimes wonder if it will ultimately have any effect on my life in the future. (I didn't do drugs though loved cigs and beer and never went to the gym) I feel way better if anything.

Mysteries of life I guess.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:10 PM

51,209 posts, read 50,499,962 times
I don't know, I listened to Keith Richards in an interview on XM this past year. It was interesting, although he tends to break into a laugh that sounds like it's going into a phlegmy cough.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:29 AM

3,031 posts, read 2,861,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Please, STOP DYING! We've lost too many of you already. It was bad enough losing Prince, David Bowie and others...now losing Carrie Fisher takes it!
I dunno... 2016 was rough, but not sure if 2017 and beyond will be much kinder. Due to the common television there was an explosion of "celebrity" and pop icons in the 60's and '70's that so many grew up with and they're all gettin' long in the tooth. Also think of all those aging rock stars from the same decades, yipes! My husband and I were just talking about it this evening... there's a bunch ready to get in line.

I'm sure the younger generation will react the same when they see their favorite Youtubers start going. You'll see threads that say "Bye Bye PewDiePie" (may he live long and prosper)

Well, by that time they'll all be living to 100 hopefully, but yeah... media and technology has certainly made the beloved celebrity, and lots of them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities