U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 08:23 PM

15,639 posts, read 14,700,266 times

Advertisements

Sophie's Choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 01:28 AM

14,517 posts, read 11,501,142 times
None.. cant stand her or her over acting..

Old 01-12-2017, 05:27 AM

2,300 posts, read 1,526,518 times
Out of Africa. BUT --- I really liked a lot of her movies and thought she did a great job in most of them

Old 01-12-2017, 05:58 AM

4,508 posts, read 1,902,846 times
Silkwood and Out of Africa are the only two I've seen (that I can remember). I enjoyed Silkwood because I knew people involved. Streep was sorely miscast, imo. She was around 35 when the movie was released, but seemed much older. Silkwood was in her late 20s when she died, and had very dark hair. It was simply miscast, but I enjoyed the movie, in spite of that. Streep was certainly NOT the reason I liked the movie, and in fact, distracted from it.

I enjoyed Out of Africa because I loved Robert Redford. Another movie in which Streep didn't fit the part.

Fans seem to equate playing dour old lady parts as talent. Not so. She seems to turn fun-loving parts (Silkwood) into dour, sad, even angry parts.

She holds zero appeal. She's not physically or emotionally attractive and doesn't seem to have a sense of humor. She seems to think putting that fake "crack" in her voice equates to emotion. She's not even a good actor, imo. She's been ultra fortunate to have made a ton of money because people seem to think the more movies people are in, the more talented they are. It's kinda the reverse domino effect.

I doubt I will ever see another movie she's in. Two out of the many she's made are enough.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:08 AM

2,818 posts, read 665,207 times
Sophie's Choice

Doubt

The Devil Wears Prada

Old 01-12-2017, 06:33 AM

8,025 posts, read 3,889,408 times
I'm going to have to check out The Deer Hunter that so many have mentioned. To be honest, I don't think I've heard of it before.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:53 AM

15,639 posts, read 14,700,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I'm going to have to check out The Deer Hunter that so many have mentioned. To be honest, I don't think I've heard of it before.

I hope you love it as much as I do.

Old 01-12-2017, 09:30 AM

14,517 posts, read 11,501,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Silkwood and Out of Africa are the only two I've seen (that I can remember). I enjoyed Silkwood because I knew people involved. Streep was sorely miscast, imo. She was around 35 when the movie was released, but seemed much older. Silkwood was in her late 20s when she died, and had very dark hair. It was simply miscast, but I enjoyed the movie, in spite of that. Streep was certainly NOT the reason I liked the movie, and in fact, distracted from it.

I enjoyed Out of Africa because I loved Robert Redford. Another movie in which Streep didn't fit the part.

Fans seem to equate playing dour old lady parts as talent. Not so. She seems to turn fun-loving parts (Silkwood) into dour, sad, even angry parts.

She holds zero appeal. She's not physically or emotionally attractive and doesn't seem to have a sense of humor. She seems to think putting that fake "crack" in her voice equates to emotion. She's not even a good actor, imo. She's been ultra fortunate to have made a ton of money because people seem to think the more movies people are in, the more talented they are. It's kinda the reverse domino effect.

I doubt I will ever see another movie she's in. Two out of the many she's made are enough.
her lack lustre face and acting attitude annoy me.. why she gets the accolades hell knows. the woman annoys me intensely with her cold face.

Old 01-12-2017, 10:40 AM

8,025 posts, read 3,889,408 times
***Shrugs*** I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think she has a "lack lustre face", and I am frequently impressed with the range she displays. I don't look at her various films and think "that's basically the same character she played in [insert name of another movie]" That's the problem I have with actors like Johnny Depp and Tom Cruise. Many of their characters are played the same, just dressed up differently or with a different accent. I feel like Streep transforms beyond appearance and accent.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:06 PM

1,121 posts, read 542,337 times

I doubt I will ever see another movie she's in. Two out of the many she's made are enough.[/quote]

I agree 1000%. I had to laugh at her deriding MMA and football at the Golden Globes. MMA alone has more appeal and fans than she. And do you really think she gives a rat's a$$ about that handicapped reporter Trump made fun of?

Typical Liberal Hollywood hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or